Home Tropics

Replies

• GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    That will be terrible if anything happens..They are **** themselves out for a quick buck.
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • lt20lt20 Posts: 97 Greenhorn
    Really, ****? Hardly. I love the pristine nature off the Bahamas, but it is unrealistic to expect them not to utilize their natural resources. If it turns out they have significant oil or natural gas reserves that could dramatically change the economic landscape over there. Best bet is to hope they do it the right way and protect their environment as much as possible.
  • GT FishGT Fish Posts: 9,448 Officer
    There biggest biz is tourism..Ruin the reefs and no more $$$...
    mousey.gif
    61903c544aca27b57fb2aa29e6bc4a3b.gif
    gnat.gifWzz6I.gif
  • Blue ZoneBlue Zone Posts: 414 Officer
    GT Fish wrote: »
    There biggest biz is tourism..Ruin the reefs and no more $$$...

Hey GT, haven't seen you around in a while; good to see you.

There are also plans afoot for a refinery in Freeport, how about that. The next crusade...?

I would say there is a little more to that Bahamian delegation to Cuba than the media picked up. The major reserves are thought to be under the Cay Sal Bank, an area which has long been been a contentious territorial issue between the Bahamas and Cuba.

Might be a good idea for the Bahamas to toss up a Customs and Immigration outpost on Cay Sal itself to affirm their territorial rights. It should pay for itself with fees being only 60 miles from Marathon.
  • biminibradbiminibrad Posts: 373 Deckhand
    No , you won't see rigs off fla. beaches unless the Bahamas claims territory inside our 250 mile economic exclusive zone or 30 miles which is half way, which is the dividing point when two countries are closer than 250 miles to each other.