Interesting articles

NOAA-EnforcementNOAA-Enforcement Posts: 202 Moderator
My purpose on this site is to help everyone understand Federal Fishery Regulations and to provide information. Working with the Florida Sportsman is a collateral (volunteer) duty I asked for and enjoy; I will only give you an answer that I’m willing to put my name on and stand behind. Sometimes that means checking with other agents/offices in the area of concern.
Please Stay Safe And Have A Wonderful Day.
Special Agent Allan Coker
NOAA's Office For Fishery Law Enforcement

Replies

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,035 Officer
    Good deal
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • saltfishrsaltfishr Posts: 93 Deckhand
    Excellent work!!
  • fishgutsfishguts Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    How can you get a ticket from a picture? I take pictures all the time of fish that may be out of season or out of the slot and then release them. Unless the pic is an action pic of someone in the filleting process i don't see how this would stick.
  • spinfreakspinfreak Posts: 5,204 Admiral
    fishguts wrote: »
    How can you get a ticket from a picture? I take pictures all the time of fish that may be out of season or out of the slot and then release them. Unless the pic is an action pic of someone in the filleting process i don't see how this would stick.

Obviously, a picture of you holding a freshly caught out of season or over/under-sized fish while still on/at the water isn't going to throw up any red flags. Idiots are posting pictures of illegal fish in coolers, in their driveway, kitchen, etc. Hard to release an illegal fish if you're not by the water.
    Exiled Dungeon Master of The Freakshow :cool:
    YOU NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP! Seriously. Do it for yourself and loved ones. You have issues
  • saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,572 Captain
    That remind me; I need to program FWC and local LEO numbers in my new phone.
    If you see violations occuring, make the call.
    If you saw someone stealing from your neighbors house would you just ignore it?
    Don't ignore paochers. They are thieves too!
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,230 Officer
    saltybum wrote: »
    That remind me; I need to program FWC and local LEO numbers in my new phone.
    If you see violations occuring, make the call.
    If you saw someone stealing from your neighbors house would you just ignore it?
    Don't ignore paochers. They are thieves too!

If someone is taking allot of fish or in a nice boat I may report them. If there is the guy feeding his family because he is out of work kind. The law is on their own. They are not right by any means but I don't want to be involved. On another note. People are just telling on themselves on Facebook daily for all kinds of crimes.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas