Home Tropics

Bahamas Questions

GradywhiteGradywhite Posts: 6 Greenhorn
Will be in the Bahamas next week for spring break, specifically around Hopetown. FWC rules and regulations apply to fish sizes and seasons in the Bahamas too correct? Also could anyone give some good diving areas in general for lobster and hogfish?

Thankyou

Replies

• Gary MGary M Posts: 13,214 AG
    If you are flying in, do a search for Bahamas Fishing Regs and bring them with you. They are different than US Regs. If you rent a boat there, ask for a copy as well.

Buy a copy of The Cruising Guide to Abaco by Steve Dodge. In it are detailed charts of your area that will show you exactly where the reefy areas are that you might find fish and lobsters. With it being late in the lobster season, good luck finding any that the local commercial guys have not already beaten you to........ Better off to just buy some tails versus spending all day and maybe finding one or two...... if you are lucky.
  • flbluerunnerflbluerunner Posts: 718 Officer
    I don't see how FWC can use our regulations for fish caught in the Bahamas.
    I just got back and used the Bahamas regulations for what I fish I brought home.
    John :USA
    2006 38 Luhrs IPS600, A true 38, the only one made with IPS!
    2001 23 Parker

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,054 Admiral
    I don't see how FWC can use our regulations for fish caught in the Bahamas.
    I just got back and used the Bahamas regulations for what I fish I brought home.

Read this very carefully. http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/recreational/bahamas/

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway