Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

2/28 E$ on Team Jupiter (Kinda slow but got Dolphin and a few bottom fish)

After very good action yesterday, left the dock at 7:00 w HIGH HOPES on a new 34' Jupiter w twin 300's.
Met them thru Steve at Tuppens and let me tell you Tuppens rigged this baby right.
Twin 7212's , customized live well, powder coating, hard top, Hi End JL audio, immaculate wiring. (I can go on:hail:hail)

Anyhow so we had Don and Nancy for our first trip off LWI. SUPER nice people and great rapport.
Ran S about 1/2 way to breakers and conditions "looked" absolutely phenomenal.
N current, cobalt blue water, NW swells at 2-4'.
Well like a light switch someone turned off the bite and it felt like most of the fish got the memo.:banghead
A few sailfish were caught up and down the line, and they just started chewing when we left at noon (but I digress):grin

Worked some bottom fish areas and just "little pecks" (porgies and trig dogs teaming up w filefish for bait stealing 101) :nono

Didn't have kite outlets yet, so do my slightly "ghetto" alligator clip electramate and manual outfit for kite back up.
About an hour in we had a gaffer (about 15lbs) eat a gog on flat and promptly jump / spit LARGE gog:banghead
Had a sail that swiped a gog on flat but did not catch em. (that's why the call it "fishing" folks lol):blahblah

Rest off Tiara in 115' and after 3 hours FINALLY had a small gaffer eat a kite bait and find way into box.
(Short funny Video Owner shot for close friends in the NE is nice quality and shows sea state and sense of humor!!)

Started getting cold / snotty and time was up so called it about noon.
The sails had just started turning on when we left w Reel Intense and a few others hooked up after a slow am.
In spite of slow fishing a truly fabulous day on the water w nice people and a SICK Jupiter via Team Tuppens. :hail

Tight lines and best wishes to you and yours!!
PS Little Bob is gonna have some of the "Last Mango" wahoo we got yesterday 4 dinner!
USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
[url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
(I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
[email protected]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies