Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Action packed 3 hours w E$ on Team Shark Bait ( 3 sails, SOLID HOO, Sweet Muttons)

Was blessed / stoked to get the call to run a trip out of New Port Cove this AM.:angel
On board we had Chris D, Joe and Bob on 34' Venture. (who caught his first ever sailfish BTW)
Met up about 7:00 AM and lines in by 7:40.

At the last minute, I grabbed my wahoo stuff in case gang wanted to work the E$ wahoo program. (good call)
115' of water I mark a GIANT bait ball from the surface ALL the way to bottom screen was RED!! :hail:hail
As a circle the ball the starboard wire gets DRILLED and massive head shakes! ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :grin

Get him up, it's a nice hoo! Joe asked if we could work the "Ventursome Transom Slide". I said "yes sir" and in came a nice hoo w no gaff holes!! (we were thinking of you Steve and Mrs V)

Made another pass on the bait bvall w no bites and with a nice NW wind, we decided to put kite up.
Get the first 2 baits in kite clip and turn around to rig a bottom rod. OMG I look back and there is a sail chasing short bait!
Bob gets tight and then short bait gets eaten too! Now we have a double on and Chris hollers he has a third (triple) hooked on spinner!
Made it thru the fire drill and reset shallow so the guys could bottom fish. Miss another sail, and Reel Intense (nearby)is on a quad!
Got a short video of chaos, but can't figure out how to rotate vid? (Long??)

Bob was on fire catching Muttons! Chris got in on the action and we had a BLAST. Now it is 10:40 AM and the guys are stoked and happy to call it an early day! :hail
Fine by me and was a pleasure fishing with these gentlemen! Little Bob is STOKED to have some grilled wahoo for dinner, and sends his regards! He sent back his crackers and upgraded to sushi and grilled hoo steaks! lol

Did not have the heart to tell "BIG" BOB to take a swim for 1st Bill fish, but he was pleased getting his FIRST EVER wahoo AND Sailfish w E$

[/ATTACH]
USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
[url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
(I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
[email protected]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies