Skip to main content
Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Homosassa inshore 2/22 with Doc Rye and Mike

troutman57troutman57 Senior MemberHomosassa FloridaPosts: 3,691 Captain
This is a crew i always have a blast fishing with. Two are neighbors and you all know Doc. When the 4 of us get together laughter and ball busting is second only to the fishing. Today Lee experimented with some Z Man bait I picked up at BPS.He tossed the 5" white fluke rigged a couple different ways and it was a great bait and as I suspected 1 lasts all day. The pinfish can whoop on it and it never loses it's tail! For anyone who likes to rig these things with a swimbait hook beware as the screw in type are all but imposible to screw into the leading edge. The trout were right where they should be and Rye made the good cast and scored a fine 25" red. The SW wind blew in some good water for a change making manuvering the skinny stuff easy. At the end of the day the water was very clear and 71 degrees. We did see a few other reds but we didn't spend much time chasing them. Ladyfish are running in thier usual wolf packs and we caught plenty of them for some line stretching, high flying fun. The glass minnows are everywhere and they were showering around hooked fish all afternoon. Another noteworthy observation was a few Oystercatchers standing on some good trout territory. A beautiful bird that I first saw today....The Nature Coast never ceases to amaze me.

Oystercatchers
OysterCatchers.jpg
DSC_0043-8.jpg
DSC_0044-4.jpg
DSC_0034-3.jpg
DSC_0033-4.jpg
This place Rocks if yer a crabber

Replies