Replies

• frankthetankfrankthetank Posts: 863 Officer
    pretty good deal i wish i had the money. good luck to ya
    :fishing
    OCEAN KAYAK: PROWLER 13
  • salty dawgsalty dawg Posts: 111 Deckhand
    what is the length of this yak?
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    I have that same 'yak & that's a STEAL... If you're considering it you better hurry, b/c if he puts it on C.L. it won't last a week (replacement cost for that set-up is ~$2500)
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • TriplecTriplec Posts: 40 Greenhorn
    Salty, Specs cut and pasted from Hobie site for the Outback:
    Thanks for inquiring...

Description
    Whether it’s work or play, the Outback boasts the functionality, stability and utility to get the job done.

A wide hull provides form stability, allowing you to cast – or reel in the big one – without rocking the boat. The Outback features plenty of cargo and stowage space, and, thanks to its MirageDrive® system, your hands are free to tend to your photography, casting, or whatever else is on the day’s “work list”.

Specifications
    Crew: 1
    Length: 12' 1" / 3.68 m
    Width: 33" / .84 m
    Capacity: 400 lbs / 181 kg
    Fitted Hull Weight: 75 lbs / 34.02 kg
    Fully Rigged Weight: 88.3 lbs / 40.05 kg
    Hull Construction: Rotomolded Polyethylene
    Thanks Reel. Hobie makes a fine kayak for sure. I'm not a big fan of c list but may have to move the ad over there eventually. I figured since most everyone uses their Outback for fishing this forum might be good start.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    The newer gen. Hobie Mirage 'yaks seem to hold their value well. I think Hobie made a design change ~07' ? I wouldn't want the earlier design as the locking mechanism wears out, but as 'yaks go I wouldn't have anything but a Mirage (& the Outback is my favorite 'all-around' model)
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
    They make a fine one for sure. Kinda hate to part with mine but its just not getting used enough to justify keeping.
    PMs answered. Sorry...was under the weather and got behind.
  • TeodoraTeodora Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    Its good in condition, My friend ask me many time about my yak to sale him. I tell him about this. The new model has all facilities and fulfill all requirements of fisher man.