Best place to sell old photo equipment

RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,294 Officer
Other than ebay or Craiglist

Adorama and other shops offer to buy your old equipment and in some cases give you credit for new equipment. I would suspect they give you very little for your old camera bodies and lenses. Anyone have any good places they have used?
Thanks

Replies

• FlashFlash Posts: 11,051 AG
    KEH is another, but if you are trying to move old 35mm or even Medium Format, don't expect alot. I sold all my Medium Format via eBay, also film I had stored. Sometimes you will get College students interested in old film cameras if they are taking classes using film. Just don't expect much. Film days are over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 AG
    There is a "real" camera store on Northlake in NPB called: The Camera Shop. They take film gear on consignment. It usually is sold to High School and college kids taking thier fist photography class.

Interestingly, my art student daughter just took her first photo class in college and they didn't use film. I was shocked. I was hanging on to Nikon body I was going to give her, but she didn't want it.

Also, there is this place a little closer to you, but I have never been there. >>>>> http://www.delraycamera.com/
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.