How do you keep your phone dry?

2»

Replies

• yak_angleryak_angler Posts: 2,584 Captain
    Shott wrote: »
    Shark Pack. I distribute them. I will post a link and pics later. Costs $20. Take calls, use touch screen all without taking it out of the pack. Hangs around your neck while yakking. Floats if it goes in the drink. Email me at [email protected] for info.
    show some pics; definitely interested
    5607_aa5e_zps24435aae.gif
  • HopittyhopHopittyhop Posts: 302 Officer
    zip loc ftw! That or the Zoom worm bait bags = P
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Officer
    Shott wrote: »
    Shark Pack. I distribute them. I will post a link and pics later. Costs $20. Take calls, use touch screen all without taking it out of the pack. Hangs around your neck while yakking. Floats if it goes in the drink. Email me at [email protected] for info.

:Popcorn
  • DippinGrizzlyDippinGrizzly Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    landlubber wrote: »
    While fishing from oyster bars and other temporary dry spots on the Gulf coast I haven't found a way yet to keep my phone. Usually me and a buddy go out with a cooler of ice, drinks, some bait initially and a tackle box. Even if in a waterproof container the condensation buildup from being in the cooler would ruin a phone. Do you guys have any methods that work?

throw it in a sandwich bag and put it in your pocket,two bags if your worried still
    You can catch me in north bay.
  • Kevinwwings2Kevinwwings2 Posts: 1,268 Officer
    I consider fishing my TIME OUT, and I pretty much leave the phone in the truck. I usually fish out of a boat so it is on the boat but rarely comes out of the box I leave it in. I feel that we all need a break from our leashes from time to time, and fishing is mine. Everyone knows if I am fishing I will call you back when I done.
  • johnDjohnD Posts: 6,388 Admiral
    I consider fishing my TIME OUT, and I pretty much leave the phone in the truck. I usually fish out of a boat so it is on the boat but rarely comes out of the box I leave it in. I feel that we all need a break from our leashes from time to time, and fishing is mine. Everyone knows if I am fishing I will call you back when I done.

Couldn't agree more ,when I'm fishing ,talk to voice mail.People are way to dependent (or should I say addicted) to cell phones.
  • jakejake Posts: 326 Deckhand
    When I'm on the yak, I usually leave it in the truck but I have taken it in a baggie(which went into the drink and was fine). for the boat I have a drybox for phone and miscellaneous.

the problem with leaving it in the truck, for me at least, is that I have been accustomed to being reachable that it makes me wary of not having my phone in case of emergency. I'm sure guys with kids feel even more responsible to keep a phone with them.
  • monoxidemonoxide Posts: 1,094 Officer
    casio brigade i just take it in the water with me. water resistant. they have 2 more models. one is a normal flip phone and the other is a touch screen.
    ted.gif
    ted.gif
  • ChuckDChuckD Posts: 1,474 Officer
    Split Shot wrote: »
    God forbid if anyone gets caught without their smart phone.! People are too dependent.

Try telling my employer that. Some of us need them for work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SKIFFGUYSKIFFGUY Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    I put my phone is a little WP container made for just that :thumbsup
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,259 Officer
    ziploc bag in my pocket
2»