New Aeon 20 And Beavertail Strike At The FS Expo

My friends Will and Liz up in Palmetto are going to be bringing both of their newest boats to the show this weekend. They'll have a loaded up Aeon 20 and a stripped down Beavertail Strike on display and some info about the new Elite Series of skiffs coming this spring. I should be getting some photos to post here soon. I'll be hanging out with them for both days so stop by and talk fishing.

Replies

• larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,683 Moderator
    OK guys and gals this is your chance talk to and ask questions,as to where, when and how to fish this region.. Capt Gregg one of the best has always been willing to share information on our forum..
    larrywitt
  • TimGleasonTimGleason Posts: 289 Deckhand
    sorry I am going to miss it - busy photographing evaporative and phase change cooling apparel in CA
  • mastercastermastercaster Posts: 1,259 Officer
    How is the elite series different than the others, or is it just a package thing?
  • Capt. Gregg McKeeCapt. Gregg McKee Posts: 201 Officer
    How is the elite series different than the others, or is it just a package thing?

The Elite skiffs will be full kevlar and carbon fiber versions of the Vengeance/BT3 and Strike hulls, which are currently vacuum infused vinylester resin. From what Will has told me there should be a nice weight reduction without a radical increase in price. The demand came from a handful of Texas customers who wanted a Strike that could run and pole insanely shallow without the drawback of a tunnel hull. The first one is being built right now and won't be at this weekend's show but Will can fill you in on all of the details. I may be signing up for a BT3 Elite next season.
    larrywitt wrote: »
    OK guys and gals this is your chance talk to and ask questions,as to where, when and how to fish this region.. Capt Gregg one of the best has always been willing to share information on our forum..
    larrywitt

Forgot to say thanks for that, Larry. I'm lucky enough to spend a lot of my time on the water down here and always willing to help out a fellow angler.
  • mastercastermastercaster Posts: 1,259 Officer
    The Elite skiffs will be full kevlar and carbon fiber versions of the Vengeance/BT3 and Strike hulls, which are currently vacuum infused vinylester resin. From what Will has told me there should be a nice weight reduction without a radical increase in price. The demand came from a handful of Texas customers who wanted a Strike that could run and pole insanely shallow without the drawback of a tunnel hull. The first one is being built right now and won't be at this weekend's show but Will can fill you in on all of the details. I may be signing up for a BT3 Elite next season.

When did Aeon start using infusion on their boats?
    They started infusing all their skiffs last year, just before the launch of the Strike.
    Here's the Aeon 20 that will be at the show.

NewAeon20_zps34058636.jpg

Price on that entire rig as pictured is $56,500.
  • esteroestero Posts: 2,041 Captain
    Excellent boats................

Just because you’re  Offended  Doesn’t mean you right!

• gruntkinggruntking Posts: 814 Officer
    That 20 is a sweet little west coast boat.
  • Mike ManningMike Manning Posts: 196 Officer
    Beaver tail was a hell of a boat when Mark Fisher was building them.... As for Aeon I know a few ppl that own or owned them and they all said the boat leans to the port side when running... Everyone has told me they made complaints to the owner about the issue and they get blown off... I have never been in the boat so dont know this to be a fact... So my suggestion is make sure you sea trial before you purchase!! Or buy the real thing a Dorado 23 or a 24 Avenger!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
    Beaver tail was a hell of a boat when Mark Fisher was building them.... As for Aeon I know a few ppl that own or owned them and they all said the boat leans to the port side when running... Everyone has told me they made complaints to the owner about the issue and they get blown off... I have never been in the boat so dont know this to be a fact... So my suggestion is make sure you sea trial before you purchase!! Or buy the real thing a Dorado 23 or a 24 Avenger!!! GOOD LUCK!!!

Mike, I agree with the first part of your post but the rest is complete nonsense. I've run every boat that Aeon builds and have never experienced this alleged design flaw that you're describing. Also, if "everyone you know" has made complaints and gotten blown off I'm sure we would have heard about that by now, right here on this forum, and directly from all of these Aeon owners themselves. The Aeon/Beavertail boats are excellent and the company's owners would never allow anything like you mentioned to happen.
  • Mike ManningMike Manning Posts: 196 Officer
    Like I said I never rode in one those boats so dont know this to be a fact... There is a guide in the boca grande area that has a 23 and he his is one of the ppl that told me this info... I also had two different ppl tell me the same thing that went on sea trial... They both bought a 24 Avenger... Just saying what I heard dont know it to be a fact... And I said that in the first post.. i also said do a sea trial before buying any boat... Not trying to start any crap...
    Fair enough, and you should check one out in person if you really want to know how they run. Palm Island Marina on Gasparilla is an Aeon dealer and has a demo 20 and 23 on hand right now. Also, if a guide was really unhappy with one of their boats, Will and Liz would go out of their way to fix the situation. I guide out of a BT3 and know this firsthand.