Help! Need Local Charter for Intracoastal Cruise?

Hey gang - thought this would be easy but having some challenges and need your help. On Feb 20, I have 8-10 people coming to town and I am on point for some entertainment. Trying to find a boat for about 4-6 hours in the FLL (Bahia Mar?) area to take my team on a boat ride, intracoastal only, maybe point out a few famous houses and pull up to a restaurant for dinner. My boat is too small to handle this size group comfortably. I am thinking a 45-50 ft. newer SeaRay or Express Cruiser would fit the bill. Need inside space in case the weather turns bad. Zero luck finding anything so far. I have a decent budget $$$ and just looking for a nice boat, captain and a mate. Maybe some wine and snacks for the ride (I could provide). Nice restaurant recommendations?? I am from up north and don't know the Ft. Lauderdale scene. Easy money for a few hours on a week-night. Any suggestions??

Replies

• Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 797 Officer
    Ft. Lauderdale has a water taxi for about ten dollars a person, you can jump on and jump off. They provide a good tour identifying celebrity residences. It runs all day until about 10pm. Some stops I know of are Shooters (casual dining on intracoastal), 15th Street Fisheries (both casual and upscale dining with underwater lighting and tons of fish), Las Olas stop with tons of restaurants from casual to upscale, Bahia Cabana (casual dining), Pier 66 (upscale dining), China Grill (very upscale in the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina). Hope this helps, even though you were looking more for a private boat.
  • Enough AlreadyEnough Already Posts: 83 Greenhorn
    Thanks for that. I went in to this thinking price would be about the same as a half-day fishing charter, plus a little - boy was I wrong. Still looking for a nice 50-footer for a few hours!
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    I would do it but I think my boat, 32 Luhrs Express, is a little small for 8-10, 6 would be perfect. I would recommend Blue Moon Fish Co, great place, takes reservations. Houston's too busy,loud, no reservations. Shooters is overrated IMO. Also the Chart House would be good.
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 797 Officer
    X2 on Blue Moon Fish Company and also Chart House
  • the other tomthe other tom Posts: 123 Deckhand
    I've done that a few times for friends, I would bring a famous forum member and his bride, they double as catering and mate(s). I live a short hop from where you want to pickup, decent sporty that would do ok...
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    decent sporty that would do ok...

:rotflmao, I suppose it would :grin
  • jetpilotjetpilot Posts: 419 Officer
    You might have an issue with that many people. Most vessels vessels for hire are uninspected and have a limit of 6 passengers by law. If your going to go out on someones private vessel make sure there are life vests for all aboard. Sorry I can't steer you in the right direction.