Windy weather and rough seas.

I launched my boat early this morning at the Matlacha boat ramp, despite the bad weather forcast. After getting soaked to the bone and catching just a few jacks and one trout in the north end of Pine Island Sound, it was time to throw in the towel. In Charlotte Harbor there was solid three footers and the wind was ripping. The trout was caught on a Mirrorlure Mirrodine twitch bait Mullet colored. The crew on my boat was ready to head in at 1pm. Happy Fishing!

The attached photo is from early in Pine Island Sound.

Replies

• larrywittlarrywitt Posts: 2,607 Moderator
    Thanks for the report,you were a brave soul to give it a try.
    The FS EXPO is this weekend a lot of good info to be had.
    larrywitt
  • dbraves8dbraves8 Posts: 239 Officer
    I went out at the very south end of pirate harbor Just north of burnt store marina. Call me crazy but I launched from a nearby canal in a 10ft jon boat with a 3.5hp engine and trolling motor. I faced a few 2ft waves and got a little wet. Although fishing was insane from 4-615pm I brought in over 15 reds all slot a few even over slot 30", a few jacks, and 2 small snook. Also got towed around by a 40" bull red before he went to take me into the mangroves and i tried to stop him and the hook straightened out.

The paddel is 36" so the smaller fish is around 24" the other is around 30". I only took a few pics due to taking the pics yourself in a 20-25mph wind in a square alum 10ft on boat causes you to be 200 yards from where you caught the fish

I sold my Action Craft so im making due with a little 10ft boat. Although I catch more and better fish than people do with 50K dollar boats.
  • bfraserbfraser Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Where did you launch from? I've been looking for a place in that area to launch my kayak.
    Bob F.
  • chicochico Punta Gorda and PennsylvaniaPosts: 530 Officer
    Nice red!!
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    Sounds like it was a tuff day, but at least you got some fish. Good Job out there.
    http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.
  • GatorInPISoundGatorInPISound Posts: 543 Officer
    a heck of a day!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Trust in the LORD and receive HIS many blessings....