Stick it pin vs **** vs push and poll yak attack

Im looking in to buying one of the three and was wondering which the kayak community liked the best.

Replies

• UrbanLegendIIUrbanLegendII Posts: 30 Deckhand
    I have used the Yak Gear 6 foot stick pole (if it wasn't on a leash it sank) when I had my Native Manta Ray 14 and never stood up in my yak.

I now have a Hobie Pro Angler 14 and have a Yak Attack 8 foot PARK-N-Pole Floating Stake Out/Push Pole. I am very happy with the change, but again, I never tried to use the previous pole to push around, because I NEVER stood up in the Manta Ray, so it really depends on what you want to use it for.

I now stand in the PA 14 and having one that floats is definitely a bonus.
  • JeremyJeremy Posts: 64 Deckhand
    Just got the 8 foot ****. So far I have a Flamingo trip in the kayak. The foot is pretty small, so poling with it was not fantastic, as it sunk into the mud. However, it was really windy that day, which made everything more diffuclt than it had to be. It was great for staking out real quickly. With a harder bottom, it'll pole the kayak just fine. I also used it to stake my 16 foot Hewes out on a fairly windy day on pretty hard bottom. It worked like a charm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SuperFlukeSuperFluke Posts: 1,889 Captain
    I like the Stick It...
  • ChobeeboysChobeeboys Posts: 417 Officer
    U can borrow my stick-it pole and see how you like it. Just come by my house and you can pick it up for a week.
    Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share.
    Ned Dolan
  • PBG-JohnPBG-John Posts: 419 Deckhand
    I used to use 3/4" PVC about 7' long with a T handle. Now I'm hooked on Yak Attack's Park N Pole stakeout. I chose the 8' length. You can use the handle as a push off foot for poling. It works as advertised. Plus it floats. :thumbsup
    The latest survey shows that
    three out of four people make
    up 75% of the population
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    I have had my Stick-it for years and it works great. I have not used the other poles and can't say if one is better than another.
  • uno--masuno--mas Posts: 346 Officer
    are you just staking out, or going to use it as a push pole as well?
    Cathedra Mea, Regulae Meae.
  • jakejake Posts: 326 Deckhand
    I have an 8ft ****. I've only used it a few times but it's already indispensable. It's a great push pole, for me.
  • jvanpeltjvanpelt Posts: 411 Deckhand
    I've had the stick it's before and lost a few because they sink to the bottom before you realize that you dropped it. Then I got the 8ft YakAttack Park N Pole. It's great. The handle is a great foot when you want to pole, plus the fact that it floats makes it a winner in my boat and its made in the good old US of A!
    :USA:fishing
  • pjstevkopjstevko Posts: 513 Officer
    jvanpelt wrote: »
    I've had the stick it's before and lost a few because they sink to the bottom before you realize that you dropped it. Then I got the 8ft YakAttack Park N Pole. It's great. The handle is a great foot when you want to pole, plus the fact that it floats makes it a winner in my boat and its made in the good old US of A!

+1
    I've owned several others and this is by far the best one. The fact that it floats is reason enough to buy this brand, that is unless you're rich and don't mind buying a new one every time you drop the other brand overboard.........
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    I've owned both the Stick-It Pin (5'5" & 8') and the YakAttack Par-n-Pole (6'). I liked both designs, but found the 8' Stick-It was better for my 22' Bay Boat (due to it's weight) and the 6' Park-n-Pole worked best for the kayak.
    FYI- it's easy to make the Stick-It Pin float, just slide a 12" section of pool noodle onto the shaft, and secure it with the line and then a round garden hose gasket.
    I have a 8' Park-n-Pole on order and should have it by next week.

BTW- South River Outfitters will have both the 6 & 8' Park-n-Poles back in stock in the next two weeks.....plus a bunch of other new YakAttack stuff. thumbsup.gif
  • PBG-JohnPBG-John Posts: 419 Deckhand
    Lt.FireDog wrote: »

BTW- South River Outfitters will have both the 6 & 8' Park-n-Poles back in stock in the next two weeks.....plus a bunch of other new YakAttack stuff. thumbsup.gif

Good plug. :wink
    The latest survey shows that
    three out of four people make
    up 75% of the population
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    PBG-John wrote: »
    Good plug. :wink

I try.........actually, it's either SRO or ordering on-line, as there are no other YakAttack dealers in this part of the State (St Lucie County to Monroe County).
  • Sebastain PadlerSebastain Padler Posts: 127 Deckhand
    Accent paddles has come out with the Transformer. It's a kayak paddle, SUP paddle, stake out pole and push pole all in one. Also has a built in measuring tape.