Hobie sail?

jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,330 Moderator
Does anyone have a sail for a hobie kayak that they wouldn't mind lending me (or lending me while supervised) one of these fine days/mornings?
I'm trying to decide whether its worth budgeting for one this year, but I've never tried sailing the kayak before.
Hobie Kayak angler for life!

Replies

• Mag1171Mag1171 Posts: 64 Deckhand
    This guy has one for $200.
    Diego. 7--8,,,,6 2//0.8 9::::5//0///9
    Nil magnum nisi bonum
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,174 Officer
    I sell over 100 Hobie kayaks a year but only about 8 sails. They are fun to play around with but unless trolling they get in the way of fishing.
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,330 Moderator
    wow, didnt know they were that unpopular!
  • Lt.FireDogLt.FireDog Posts: 1,112 Officer
    Barrell wrote: »
    I sell over 100 Hobie kayaks a year but only about 8 sails. They are fun to play around with but unless trolling they get in the way of fishing.

Which Hobie dealer are you with?
  • JUNKIEJUNKIE Posts: 46 Deckhand
    I have one but I only used it when I first got it. It just adds another level of rigging and stuff to get in the way. Fun to play around with but I don't take it fishing anymore. It will get you out there faster but the mirage gets me where I am going fast enough.
    SlowAndLowCoastal.com
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Android77Android77 Posts: 485 Deckhand
    You can try mine next time we get out together. It works great with 5 to 10 mph wind but above that the rudder comes out of water and you lose your steering.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
  • jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,330 Moderator
    Android77 wrote: »
    You can try mine next time we get out together. It works great with 5 to 10 mph wind but above that the rudder comes out of water and you lose your steering.
    Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks man, and good point about the rudder. I did upgrade to the sailing rudder a few weeks ago, (makes the steering super responsive in regular kayaking situations) and it extends into the water 2 or three inches more than the regular rudder.