Have you seen snook in dock lights north of Rivergate in PSL???

my dad lives on the north fork between rivergate and prima vista. He recently installed a small (home depo) spot light in order to attract some snook. After a week there are thousands of small baitfish but no signs of predators. I fish dock lights all the time but never ventured much north of the roosie. Has anyone seen snook in lights that far north? not many people have lights up that far and I was just wondering if it would be worth it to get 4' LED fixture for his b-day.

thanks!

Replies

• Machine HeadMachine Head Posts: 2,634 Officer
    There are a ton of short Snook(fat Snook) under the Prima vista bridge at night.
    Never caught one in the slot there, but I'm sure they are around certain times of the year.
    "There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." - Kenneth Grahame
  • FS JimFS Jim Posts: 476 Moderator
    It takes time for fish to establish a pattern.. Make sure and keep the light on nightly and they will come. I second the motion on that b-day present.
  • Ankona SkiffsAnkona Skiffs Posts: 123 Deckhand
    FS Jim wrote: »
    It takes time for fish to establish a pattern.. Make sure and keep the light on nightly and they will come. I second the motion on that b-day present.

Thanks for the advice. Lights on a photo cell so it should bring them in. I think a larger light will work better. Sounds more promising now I know prima vista holds fish.
  • Joupdog1Joupdog1 Posts: 1,416 Officer
    We have ventured up north of the Rosie on some very windy nights. Lots of lights in the canals have snook in them. Not usually huge ones, but surprisingly quite a few.