Blue Cypress Lake

Never been there but I have heard it's nice. Anyone know how the bass fishing has been there lately. Apparently Lake Okeechobee has been on fire but Blue Cypress is much closer for me. Gonna be there this next week:fishing

Replies

• GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,260 Officer
    will they have shiners at middletons fish camp ?
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,260 Officer
    so we made it out there today, water level very low, ran aground before we even got out on the lake, sucks when u don't know where the deeper spots are, my boat doesn't have elec tilt trim so that wasn't fun, made it to the east side but it was way too windy to fish, decided to try the sw side outta the wind, 300 yards from the shore and it's a foot deep, **** !, got to fish five minutes and called it quits, not a good day :banghead:banghead
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,892 Moderator
    Thanks for the report. Was considering it for a tournament. Guess not now.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Bite 1Bite 1 Posts: 488 Deckhand
    Sorry to hear that .I have always thought that this lake is the gem of the east central florida area.Have caught many bass and tons of Bluegills in the cypress areas. I have actually gone at nite and caught 'gills off the cypress trees as reported on many of the fishing reports around the area. Can't believe water is that low as it's always higher than Okeechobee. I guess not now. Thanks for clueing me in as I was going to go up there with this moon. Not now.....