PORT 1-26-2013 ANOTHER EPIC OFFSHORE ADVENTURE!!!

GOT MY ENGEL WATERPROOF BACKPACK IN THE MAIL A COUPLE DAYS AGO…THANK YOU BY THE WAY!!!! PACKED HER FULL OF GATORADE AND MILLLER LITE AND DECIDED YESTERDAY WAS LOOKING GOOD TO OUT…5 FEET SEAS..BUT WINDS AND INTERVALS LOOKED PROMISING..I DON’T CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY BUT NOAA KNOWS!!!! IF YOU KNOW HOW TO READ THE REPORTS..THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THE WINDS AND SWELLS WILL BE WITHIN 24 HOURS…WE DECIDED TO HEAD SOUTH IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE FORECAST…GOT UP AT 8 AM AND WENT AND CAUGHT SOME NICE MULLET…ABOUT 8 BIG ONES AND SOME FINGERS..WENT AHEAD AND RIGGED 8 BALLYHOO FOR BACKUP…I WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE 2 OTHER BUDDYS ON BOARD..1 DID NOT SHOW OR CALL…AND WILL BE THE LAST INVITE FOR HIM..GOT TO THE PORT AROUND 1015 AM…SEAS LOOKED GREAT SO WE SET COURSE TOWARD PELICAN…STOPPED AT 60 FOOT ON NICE WEED AND CURRENT…WASN’T MUCH HAPPENING THERE FOR 30 MINUTES OR SO, SO WE HEADED TO NORTH PELICAN…1 OTHER BOAT BY US…AND LIKE 40 ON THE SOUTH END…MAYBE THEY KNEW SOMETHIING WE DIDN’T…OR MAYBE NOT…3 LIVE BAITS IN AND 1 TROLLING LURE…RIGHT AWAY A MONSTER ON..30 MINUTES LATER THIS..7-8 FOOT SHARK SURFACES WHICH WE RELEASE AND RESET

…RIGHT AWAY…ONE AFTER ANOTHER ON THE SHOTGUN WE BOAT OUR LIMIT OF 4 KINGS…DECIDED TO HEAD EAST..IT WAS 2 PM AND FIGURED WE WOULD TROLL OUT WITH 1 HOUR TO FISH THE LEDGE WHEN WE GOT THERE…LEFT THE TROLLING LURE OUT WHILE WE SWITCHED FROM LIVE BAIT RIGS TO SNAP SWIVELS AND BAMM!! ANOTHER KING TAIL HOOKED…WE RELEASED AND HEADED EAST…1 TROLLING LURE…1 TROLLING WEIGHT…SHOTGUN N 2 OUTRIGGERS…I LEFT THE 50 WIDES AT HOME…OOPS…100 FEET OF WATER HOOKED THIS NICE SAIL ON THE SHORT LINE WITH A PINK ALIEN FLATHEAD AFTER 4 DROPBACKS…PULLED HIM ON BOARD TO GET THE HOOK OUT OF HIS EYE SOCKET AND RELEASED…

WE PASSED WHAT LOOKED LIKE A WEED LINE TRYING TO FORM AROUND 170’ AND GOT TO ABOUT 215 WHEN I DECIDED IT WOULD BE TO ROUGH TO TROLL NORTH INTO THE 5 FOOT SWELL IN OUT LITTLE 19 FOOTER…WENT BACK TO FIND THAT LITTLE WEEDLINE AND FOLLOWED IT NORTHWEST..IT WAS 430 NOW AND RUNNING OUT OF LIGHT WITH CRAPPY SEAS…HOOKED UP ON 2 MAHI WHICH WE BOATED AND A THIRD BROOK THE SHOTGUN LITER…HAPPENS WHEN 40 LB IS OVERUSED…RESET AND BAM…BAM…BAM…BAM…4 DOLPHIN ON..I BOTED MY 2 AND ADIN BOATED 1..THEN GRABBED THE SHOTGUN AND 1 MORE ON…GOT HIM IN…BLOOD EVERY WHERE…WHAT A MESS WITH 2 GUYS…GOT RESET…RIGGED MORE BALLYHOO REAL QUICK AND ENDED UP BOZATING 3 MORE OVER THE NEXT 30 MINUTES…SEAS CALMED A BIT…JUST IN TIME TO WATCH THE SUN LOWER AND THE MOON LIFT…

ALL IN ALL 5 KINGS…2 SHARK…1 SAIL…9 MAHI..KINGS WERE CAUGHT ALL ON LIVE 4 INCH MULLET 1KNOT AND A YELLOW TROLLING LURE..MAHI ON ALL BALLYHOO WITH BLUE N WHITE, PINK N BLUE SEA WITCHES…AND THE PINK ALIEN FLATHEAD

…END OF JANUARY…19 FOOTER…5 FOOT SEAS…2 MAN CREW…LEFT THE DOCK AT 1015 AND IN AT 7 PM…AND THANKS TO MY ENGEL WATERPROOF BACK PACK WE HAD A COLD BEER FOR THE RIDE HOME…CHEERS!!!!

Replies

• My Reel JobMy Reel Job Posts: 37 Deckhand
    Sweet! Nice pile of fish!
  • QualityTimeQualityTime Posts: 180 Officer
    Hell of a day!
    2010 Key West 211cc
    175hp Evinrude Etec
    :Rockon
  • SeaSpySeaSpy Posts: 403 Deckhand
    Yeah man!!
    WTG !!!!!!!
    Ron Alford Expert Investigations & Surveillance
    www.seaspy.theplan.com
  • beachsideandybeachsideandy Posts: 899 Officer
    hell yeah
  • ButcherButcher Posts: 118 Officer
    Good job Josh. Fresh fish dip!
  • SushiwagonSushiwagon Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    Great catch! I will very much agree with you about NOAA's weather forecast with the disclaimer that they know "within 24 hours" so if you dont mind them missing the forecast by a full day about 70% of the time then I trust them completely :mad
    Chuck Norris doesnt wear a watch, Chuck Norris decides what time it is! :cool