Burnt Store Flat

We went out this morning to the southern flat of the Burnt Store Marina channel. -.4' at 8:45a, rising to 1' at 2:40p. We fished from 8:45a-1p. We had steady 5-7 knot winds out of the north but couldn't find any reds chewing. No tails all day and we covered a large amount of ground. Anyone been on the flat lately and had any luck? Last two times I've been out in the past week haven't seen a single tail. We did see a few decent sized reds cruising the flat but they didn't seem to be feeding at all. I noticed the moon was nearly full last night (full moon is tonight i believe). Anyone think the moon could have influenced them to not be feeding today? There wasn't many mullet either. It really was very quiet for the most part. Any ideas here?

Thanks,
Billy

Replies

• fishdishfishdish Posts: 1,223 Officer
    I have found that fishing in the day durning the full moon phases is not worth the effort for reds, snook and sometimes trout. During the full moon phases plan a night trip or focus your efforts on other species such as sheepshead, pompano and snapper. You will likely have better luck in the same spot on a new moon and when the water warms up a little.