Brokenhearted Father

kingkillerkingkiller Posts: 22 Greenhorn
On Saturday Jan 12,2013 my 28 year old son Graham lost his life while fishing from his Kayak. For reasons that I will likely never know,he did NOT wear his PFD that afternoon...... That knowledge will haunt me all of my days.
Graham was not only my Son,but he was my best friend,my teacher and of course,my number one fishing partner. I will miss him forever...... If I may,I'd like to ask our friends in the fishing community two things ...... First,please don't fish alone and if you must...PLEASE always wear a coast guard approved PFD so that no Father has to suffer the anguish that I am feeling right now. Secondly,my daughter and I have put up a tribute page on Facebook. Please take a moment and LIKE Graham Patrick Hoard.......attachment.php?attachmentid=48217

Replies

• acarbacarb Posts: 2,351 Officer
    ****!
    sorry for your loss sir.
  • Fly HookerFly Hooker Posts: 4,198 Captain
    Wow, Sorry for your loss. :angel :angel
  • keewestgrlkeewestgrl Posts: 192 Deckhand
    Deeply sorry for your loss. My proudest accomplishment is knowing that my boys love to fish. I will remind them to always wear their PFDs in your son's honor. Fair winds and following seas, Graham.
  • That's what she saidThat's what she said Posts: 748 Officer
    I am so sorry for your loss.

I have a son who fishes solo from his yak. There is a pfd onboard, but wearing it has been optional. I think I'll look into the more comfortable ones and make it mandatory.
  • razorreilly09razorreilly09 Posts: 8,401 Officer
    Sorry for your loss. Thank you for the message of reminding.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    So so sorry to hear of this. Your message regarding the PFD may saves lives in future.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 6,170 Admiral
    King, very sorry to hear of your loss.
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,658 Admin
    I'm very sorry for your loss. My condolences.
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • divn4$divn4$ Posts: 1,528 Captain
    Sorry for you loss.Prayers sent.
    1376843400_20_1_USD_6.25_default.png

Go Navy.....
  • cutbaitcutbait Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    I'm sorry for your loss. With fishing season very soon for us in SC I think i better talk with my son now so that I don't have to feel your pain later.
  • reel stamasreel stamas Posts: 6,153 Admiral
    So sorry for your loss & saddened by this news... Any idea how it happened ?
    There should be NO Commercial Fishing for any fish species considered 'Over-fished' , 'Undergoing Overfishing' or Subject to Recreational Seasons, Limits, or Closures... Game Fish Status IS the Answer !!!
  • CaptTaterCaptTater Posts: 20,096 AG
    :angel:cry So tragic.
    I did not read the story but if you take tax payers money maybe you should be held to some standards.-Cyclist
    when we say the same thing about welfare recipients, you cry like a wounded buffalo Sopchoppy
    It's their money, they spend it how they like. Truth and honesty have nothing to do with it. - Mr Jr
    "“A radical is one who advocates sweeping changes in the existing laws and methods of government.” "
  • bottom feederbottom feeder Posts: 845 Officer
    Sorry for your loss. :angel

Leaving Florida... take a developer with you!

• MadpoodleMadpoodle Posts: 752 Officer
    Godspeed Graham, I'll wear my PFD in your honor.
    Water rat

Get ready to rock and roll South Florida, theres a NEW tournament on the horizon that's gong to change your world!
  • HoltHolt Posts: 971 Officer
    :angel

So sorry.

I was born and raised in Conway SC. Probably fished some of the same water as you guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JboatJboat Posts: 1,337 Officer

Jason
  • kodiakzachkodiakzach Posts: 6,074 Admiral
  • So sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine your pain.

Certainly a post like this has the potential to save lives! That would be a great tribute to your son.
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,662 Captain
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your family :angel
  • ecueagleecueagle Posts: 478 Officer
    I try to express this situation to folks all the time to encourage voluntary PFD wear. Thank you for posting and I hope your loss will save many other lives! My prayers are with you and your family.
  • Cracker IICracker II Posts: 68 Deckhand
    I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • earl40earl40 Posts: 2,337 Officer
    My prayers are with you. I can't imagine.
    Earl, a man, married to a girl called Tina.