Relatively New

I am new to this forum, this being my first post!
Have had a 22' bay boat for a few months and have struggled to get the knack of back water fishing. Not for the lack of trying though. Have gotten lucky a few trips but no consistency.
My, accomplished, surf fishing brother from Jax is coming over this weekend for 4 days of fishing. With a full moon and what looks like some decent weather, I hope I can return the favor of putting him on some fish.
Any advice for this weekends conditions would be very welcome. We are camping out from Fri to Mon. We will be fishing from Bokeelia down to Estero bay. I know the red tide may cause some problems but hoping to find some fish anyway.
Thanks for any input!

Lotion

Replies

• Joey ButtonsJoey Buttons Posts: 11,849 AG
    Throw a bone colored Zara Spook under the mangroves at first light and right before dawn and you will catch fish. Once the sun gets up ( around 9 or 10) switch to a Gulp jerk shad rigged weedless and thrown under the mangroves and you will catch fish.
    FSU is the best football team of all time!
  • lukkyracerlukkyracer Posts: 648 Officer
    Most mangroves have no water in the morning this time of year. ??? That I fish anyway.
  • nuclearfishnnuclearfishn Posts: 8,353 Admiral
    it's a full moon. Stay home.
  • CHUCK'N'BAITCHUCK'N'BAIT Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    fish the mangroves when the water is high then grass flats and sand holes and channels when its low. You can catch some real nice size spanish macks just a few hundred yards off the beach and outside the passes right now if you're not having luck in the backwater. With low water early in the morning you can cast for big trout on the flats
    Need a sun room or screen room or pergola? www.certifiedoutdoors.com
    Need quality plant material www.certifiedoutdoors.com[url][/url]
    Need a place to stay on Pine Island...[email protected]
  • LotionLotion Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Thanks for all of your tips. I will post my results and hopefully some pics.

lotion