Not Political....but important

13»

Replies

• TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    the emsoke i took apart
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,648 Captain
    I stopped smoking relatively easily because I replaced the smoking with chewing tobacco.
    I had a hard quitting the chewing tobacco. I used the nicotine patches. Worked wonders for me.
    I've been quit for 16 years. Keep it up. You can already feel the results. Just remind yourself of that.
    I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
    Herbert Bayard Swope
    US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,310 AG
    Okay Day 5 update....

I can not call myself a 100% non smoker, but each day draws me closer to that goal..
    From a breathing standpoint I have not felt this good in decades....

From 2 packs to 2 sticks a day...
    Not a fan of the nocotine gum...it really burns the mouth...
    I can feel that I will beat this this time...

How's it going Capt?
  • CaptBobBryantCaptBobBryant Posts: 5,716 Officer
    How's it going Capt?

We have good and bad days....

I have gone form over 2 packs to fewer than 5 cigs....
    We have made smoking in the house, cars or anywhere other than our morning coffee spot on the back deck...
    I am relying on the e-cigs more than I wish....
    But each day brings us closer to the goal....

Thanks for asking.
    National Association of Recreational Anglers - Add Your Voice
    https://www.facebook.com/RecAnglers?notif_t=page_new_likes
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,310 AG

We have made smoking in the house, cars or anywhere other than

Thanks for asking.

Glad to hear, if I may make a suggestion that I learned from a customer of mine that's a smoking cessation expert...

"your morning coffee spot on the back deck"... may be the biggest challenge you face, that's the root of the habit and your happy place. She tells me that one must break the routine. Smoke somewhere else if you must, but you may want to consider making that area a smoke free zone too.

If you must break down, go take a walk, or go around the side of the house whee the connection with smoking is not as pleasurable.

Mrs. Twisted big day to quit is this Wednesday, and in her support, I'm supposed to give up brown liquor.

Keep it up, and good luck to all of us.
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
    Hopefully this will help to motivate you...

Capt. B, YOU WILL NEVER QUIT. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. THAT LITTLE MONSTER INSIDE WILL CONTROL YOU FOREVER.
  • old thompsonold thompson Posts: 6,497 Officer
    gunby31 wrote: »
    Hopefully this will help to motivate you...

:rotflmao

But you might be right on here-
    Capt. B, YOU WILL NEVER QUIT. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. THAT LITTLE MONSTER INSIDE WILL CONTROL YOU FOREVER.

Quiting smokin' cigs does not mean only smoking two to five cigs a day. I told you before Captain- You don't have the power to control cigarettes. The cigarettes are more powerful than you or you would have quit already. If you light a cigarette, you will be defeated.

It is your Choice.
    He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

No representation without taxation!
  • esteroestero Posts: 2,041 Captain

We have made smoking in the house, cars or anywhere other than our morning coffee spot on the back deck...

Thanks for asking.

Did you go to a doctor for help? I did and quit in 10 days without smoking one cigarette after that. I haven't had any hunger to smoke for 14 years.
    Well worth it.

Just because you’re  Offended  Doesn’t mean you right!

• FibberMckeeFibberMckee Posts: 12,837 Officer
    So 2 weeks in, you aren't really quitting & are actually smoking a little more than the day you allegedly quit? ON TOP OF the nicotine gum, E-cigs, nicotine patches, Skoal, snuff & cigars?
    So the first 24 hours came and went....
    Had a few struggles and even a slip up....
    From 2 packs to 2 sticks a day...

Unfortunately, nobody can trust a fisherman when it comes to boasting about numbers.

What was your "goal" again? Smoking everyday in your "morning coffee spot"? There's an element of denial in "morning coffee spot". Could've been a vestigial smoke with "morning coffee" but the "spot" has become your Designated Smoking Zone.

Did we miss it? Have you even mustered the Will Power to NOT SMOKE FOR 24 HOURS?
    How about it? After 7 pages/70 posts Inquiring Minds deserve to know.
    Did we miss it? Have you even mustered the Will Power to NOT SMOKE FOR 24 HOURS?

Or has it become all about denial & evasion?
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    Time Magizine just did a piece on e smokes..... I love the things made me a quitter with a backup plan.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,849 Captain

That's not being supportive , even if he had a relapse. :nono
  • lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    All I have to say is I tried over a long period of Years to quit smoking cigarettes and then one day I quit using sugar in my coffee and smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Simple as that.. Break the ****ing routine, Thats all the **** it is...
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
    How about it? After 7 pages/70 posts Inquiring Minds deserve to know.

Yep! Waiting to hear if he had the cahones to finally quit . . . or simply cashed in all his self esteem, better health, better husband and father, status on this forum, and on and on and on?

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
    Fear is the only thing standing in the way of anyone kicking the habit.
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
    Where's CaptBB been? Out in his designated smoking area having more cigarettes?

I'm "not being supportive" of his, or anyone else's substance abuses.
    MACD wrote: »
    That's not being supportive , even if he had a relapse. :nono

CaptBB would have had to 1st actually stop smoking before he could have possibly "had a relapse".
  • Pescatoral PursuitPescatoral Pursuit Posts: 5,065 Admiral
    Took me two tries. First time lasted a few weeks. Second time stuck for good. Cold turkey. Felt like crap for a couple of months but after that, i COULD NEVER BE A cigarette smoker again. I say that because I have the occasional cigar and really do not like the ashtray mouth taste the next morning.

Having said that, if Bob is able to mitigate his intake to a few sticks a day, thats not so bad. The fact of the matter is that some folks are very high strung and smoking is a type of pressure relief valve.
    cuda-title2_zpsb81e4f1d.jpg
    greggl wrote: »
    Strive for self-sacrificial levels of empathy and sympathy. We are only set free by becoming the scapegoat, or sin eater', rather than picking a target and 'throwing stones.'
    nuevowavo wrote:
    Think you're pretty clever? Think again. Time for a break.
    :rotflmao
    I am refusing to quit......

Quitting that is....

I will not say I am quit...
    Until I am 100% positive I will never stick one of those thing in my mouth ever again.....today...I can not say that....yesterday, the day before and the day before that....I did without....
    But to say I quit...only to fall into the trap again......it is too soon to say that.
    Took me two tries. First time lasted a few weeks. Second time stuck for good. Cold turkey. Felt like crap for a couple of months but after that, i COULD NEVER BE A cigarette smoker again. I say that because I have the occasional cigar and really do not like the ashtray mouth taste the next morning.

Having said that, if Bob is able to mitigate his intake to a few sticks a day, thats not so bad. The fact of the matter is that some folks are very high strung and smoking is a type of pressure relief valve.

No smoking is a drug addiction....as powerful as heroine.....
    It is a social crutch....and one of the evilest of conspiracies between man and nature.