Skip to main content
Home Conservation Forums

Accessing public water through WMA ramp - Hunting

If I'm accessing a public body of water to hunt, through a WMA, do I need to posses a WMA stamp to legally do so?

In the brochures for the areas I've looked at it's specified "Open to public recreational access year round." I would take that to mean that we can pass through a WMA to launch a boat to hunt out of legally, just wanted to get a second opinion.


  • RedhunterRedhunter Posts: 435 Deckhand
    IF you are going into a WMA and hunting on the other side. What happens when you come back through with you game you shot or caught. Think real hard. Get a Stamp or you will get a ticket or maybe worse.:huh
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Digital Now Included!


Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

Preview This Month's Issue

Buy Digital Single Issues

Don't miss an issue.
Buy single digital issue for your phone or tablet.

Buy Single Digital Issue on the Florida Sportsman App

Other Magazines

See All Other Magazines

Special Interest Magazines

See All Special Interest Magazines

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Florida Sportsman stories delivered right to your inbox.


Phone Icon

Get Digital Access.

All Florida Sportsman subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets.

To get started, click the link below to visit and learn how to access your digital magazine.

Get Digital Access

Not a Subscriber?
Subscribe Now