Messing with Sasquatch 12-28

Took a trip with Yelladevil17 and his Asian posse out to 60 foot of water 14 miles W of Johns Pass,bait of choice was live handpicked shrimp and 5-6" swimbaits.We only anchored once and never moved all day,the bite was stellar to say the least for gags,mangos and a few hogs.The only problem was I got sea sick soon as the anchor was tight,due to fishing on a smaller boat and not taken a pill.I had to watch for two straight hours Yelladevil17 and friends stay hooked-up non-stop.I was dubbed the role of camera man for a while until I composed myself.....then it was on like donkey kong!!My first mang of the day turned out to be a 22" goozzer,my biggest of the year.The bottom we were fishing was large boulders spread out on sandy bottom,if you hooked the fish next to the boulder you were getting broke off.But if you hooked them in the sandy bottom area you had a real shot at getting them.We as a group probably got broke off at least 25 times,but we also landed 40+ gags up to 30".I would have to say It was the best bite I have ever been on,excluding the middlegrounds,and I only fished for 2 hours out of the 5 we were at anchor.Yelladevil17 also caught a few fish on beef jerkey,you may have already seen it....comment on this report if you want a chance to fish with me.:fishing
IMAG0894.jpg
IMAG0892-1.jpg
153-20121229-124105.jpg
150-20121229-124035.jpg
172-20121229-123543.jpg
178-20121229-123721.jpg
[video=youtube_share;bp1ncu1mBoc]

Replies

• perlman1234perlman1234 Posts: 1,449 Officer
    Best one yet. Great video
  • yelladevil17yelladevil17 Posts: 153 Deckhand
    Good thing you were sick part of the time...more fish were spared! hahaha That gag bite was the most insane thing I've ever seen. Best show yet dude!
  • BryanCBryanC Posts: 622 Officer
    Looks like another great trip Rich :fishing Nice bunch of fish in the coolers. Too bad the gags had to go back.

I was kind of surprised to see those macks. Do you know what the water temp was out there?
    BryanC....I think it was 65 degrees or so
  • timbo615timbo615 Posts: 237 Officer
    Awesome report...I am headed out tomorrow and hopefully have similar results

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
  • EggsuckindogEggsuckindog Posts: 1,528 Officer
    nice hog and **** nice snapper for 60'

thats a heck of a spot, bottom was very healthy with lots of growth
    1976 SeaCraft master Angler - Merc 200 XRi
    dscf1243-1.jpg
  • the flats guythe flats guy Posts: 310 Deckhand
    Looks like a good dinner!!
  • huynguyenhuynguyen Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    great trip! when is the next time your going out?
  • mnhuntermnhunter Posts: 69 Deckhand
    Awesome! I am coming down in the middle of Jan! Hope we get on fish like that!
  • jewfish7jewfish7 Posts: 517 Officer
    huynguyen wrote: »
    great trip! when is the next time your going out?

We went out today and the action was good for big porgies,a few mangos,a few catch and release gags and a keeper mutton snapper in 65 feet,2 miles from the wistler buoy.

541889_4717732034641_1538110154_n_zps8b0cd8d7.jpg
  • fishon715fishon715 Posts: 63 Deckhand
    Great video and plenty of nice fish. Where do you attach your GoPro for the underwater pics on the top or the bottom. Not sure where to attach it to the top....Got one for Christmas and I'm anxious to check out some of my fishing spots...LIVE ACTION. Thanks Jeff, never fished with you but was so impressed by your videos that I chartered a trip with Capt Pete Perry. It was a great trip we limited out on mangs and I got my first Hog.
  • BeachTymeBeachTyme Posts: 129 Deckhand
    Nice work guys, looks like a ton of fun for the day.
  • sk018sk018 Posts: 2,848 Captain
    sick trip as usual
    With that pic ya sent me on xmas, hopefully that means you're fully recovered and ready to battle some fish Capt BeachTyme!
    BeachTyme wrote: »
    Nice work guys, looks like a ton of fun for the day.
  • BeachTymeBeachTyme Posts: 129 Deckhand
    With that pic ya sent me on xmas, hopefully that means you're fully recovered and ready to battle some fish Capt BeachTyme!

I'm getting there, bro. I'll be ready to beat em down come springtime! :)
  • releasegearreleasegear Posts: 693 Officer
    great report! the bite turned on for us right before that front as well. all gags 25-30 inches - all on pinfish
    bornoffshore-sig.jpg

Mike Wilhite - Fisherman/President

Born Offshore Gear
    www.bornoffshore.com

'Performance Fishing Apparel'
  • rngrileyrngriley Posts: 341 Deckhand
    Great video. Nice job!
  • theHOGhustlertheHOGhustler Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    Sick video!