kingsley lake

s10s10 Posts: 39 Deckhand
so what term would you use for this one, i caught her this morning she was 29.5 in long and had a 20 in girth she was close to 12lbs. this fish was caught in 37ft of water, water temp was 85, sunny with light winds, water clarity was 4+ft, she was caught on a 1/8oz jig with a zoom finesse worm

100_3461.JPG

Replies

• wilburzwilburz Posts: 951 Officer
    boss hog!

Happiness is a belt fed weapon!

• Lc-hunter86Lc-hunter86 Posts: 2,927 Captain
    Hydrilla donkey
  • gotfishyfingers?gotfishyfingers? Posts: 52 Deckhand
    Once in a life time! Nice job!!!
  • james 14james 14 Posts: 2,879 Moderator
    Nessie!...Our underwater ally. That's a huge bass for sure. That lake does have some monsters in it.
  • BankBusterBankBuster Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    wow what a "BEAST"

What did u catch her on? i take it she was probably pretty deep, no?
  • BnTBnT Posts: 6,644 Admiral
    water buffalo
    "Give a man a fish and feed him for a day... Don’t teach a man to fish…and feed yourself. He’s a grown man. And fishing’s not that hard"
    gandrfab wrote: »
    Sharky is always clocky, bnt is sometimes sharky,
    sharky is sometimes bnt, but bnt is never clocky
  • s10s10 Posts: 39 Deckhand
    BankBuster wrote: »
    wow what a "BEAST"

What did u catch her on? i take it she was probably pretty deep, no?

she was caught on a finesse worm in 37ft of water
  • Bassin AssassinBassin Assassin Posts: 1,232 Officer
    I would say a "Monster Bass". 37 feet? Is Kingsley a phosphate pit lake?
    Improve Our Fishery - Practice Catch and Release
  • RugerRuger Posts: 41 Deckhand
    Nice job man congrats! You gonna take the measurements to a taxidermist to make her a wallhanger?
  • BankBusterBankBuster Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    s10 wrote: »
    she was caught on a finesse worm in 37ft of water
    That figures with this hot weather. 37 feet is crazy deep! I never caught one that deep. deepest for me been about 17 feet. That was probably one heck of a battle. **** good job indeed.
  • paranoid.androidparanoid.android Posts: 95 Greenhorn
    I would say a "Monster Bass". 37 feet? Is Kingsley a phosphate pit lake?

Not a pit. Judging by how nearly perfectly round it is, and I think 90 ft at its deepest point, I always thought it was a meteor crater.

Very nice fish s-10.
  • Mud RangerMud Ranger Posts: 354 Deckhand
    Kingsley Lake is an almost circular lake of about 2,000 acres (8.1 km2) in North Central Florida, about six miles (10 km) east of Starke, Florida. According to some sources, it is the oldest and highest lake in Florida,[citation needed] located on the edge of the Trail Ridge formation. The lake is a very stable lake with a sandy bottom. Its deepest part is about 90 feet (27 m). Kingsley lake is so nearly circular that pilots call it the Silver Dollar lake. There are several hundred docks on the north and west sides of the lake and Camp Blanding is on the East and South sides (Florida National Guard). The lake is famous for its clear waters, water skiing, fishing, and its stability. It forms the headwaters for the North Fork of Black Creek.
  • Bassin AssassinBassin Assassin Posts: 1,232 Officer
    Good info MR.
    Improve Our Fishery - Practice Catch and Release
  • Big JohnBig John Posts: 577 Officer
    water buffalo

x2
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,540 Captain
    s10 wrote: »
    so what term would you use for this one,

Big fish and well done is what I say :thumbsup
  • earthworm77earthworm77 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    37ft...with 1/8oz jig......it must have taken like 5 minutes to get down there. nice fish.
  • redfishredfish Posts: 42 Deckhand
    Georgous!

That is the word for that fish!

Congrats!
  • redfishredfish Posts: 42 Deckhand
    Mud Ranger wrote: »
    Kingsley Lake is an almost circular lake of about 2,000 acres (8.1 km2) in North Central Florida, about six miles (10 km) east of Starke, Florida. According to some sources, it is the oldest and highest lake in Florida,[citation needed] located on the edge of the Trail Ridge formation. The lake is a very stable lake with a sandy bottom. Its deepest part is about 90 feet (27 m). Kingsley lake is so nearly circular that pilots call it the Silver Dollar lake. There are several hundred docks on the north and west sides of the lake and Camp Blanding is on the East and South sides (Florida National Guard). The lake is famous for its clear waters, water skiing, fishing, and its stability. It forms the headwaters for the North Fork of Black Creek.

It is also spring fed - there was a time for a while druing the droug that is was not dumping any water in to Black Creek, but it never dropped as much as all the other lakes in the area.

Red
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,259 Officer
    Awesome ! I'd call it a wallhanger or dinner !