Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

PC 12/28 Offshore

Tried to find the Phins out deep, nothing happening, Dragged baits for a few hours, started on 27 went out to 600ft listened to the idiots on the VHF fighting over the right to try and catch the fish that were not biting it was a school of phins hanging under the 20 Mile buoy, but wouldn't eat, then heard boats threatening each other on the VHF for the "right" to try and catch them (weekend warriors / morons), quite comical and i wasn't close, so i stayed away. Needed to get the skunk off the boat, so came in and joined the Commercial King fishing armada on Pelican Flats. Tossed 3 Kings in the box in about 30 minutes. Small was 10lbs, big was 20, not bad and destined for the smoker, then to KingFish Dip... King's are a trash/bi-catch for me, so i didn't bother with a camera... We counted 87 boats on Pelican, so i am sure someone out there got pix of the slimey's they tossed in the box :fishing

If anyone on this forum was part of the shouting match for the "right" to fish the weather buoy, please tell me WHY you were threatening to call the coast guard on the boat that was there "first"??? No one owns this ocean, yeah could he have moved to let you take a stab at them yeah, but it sounded like a couple 10 year olds fighting over their fruit cup at school lunch. GROW UP

Replies

• craw_daddycraw_daddy Posts: 224 Deckhand
    nice post.. lots of kids out on the water & heros on the radio (& internet)..
  • FloridaAnglerFloridaAngler Posts: 49 Greenhorn
    Good job on the fish, gotta love the Googans!
  • GetbonedGetboned Posts: 111 Officer
    HEY!!!!!!!!,:nono don't ruin it for the rest of us, VHF's and public boat ramps, few places will you get so much entertainment for so little investment, good job, :thumbsup Happy New Year
  • CaptBlazeCaptBlaze Posts: 96 Deckhand
    HAHA very true, i probably would have paid good money to see a comedy show, and thats exactly what those morons were putting on over the radio. I just cant believe someone would "call the coast guard" because another boat wouldn't let him fish the spot. Unreal. It got so heated, i said to my crew, "i bet someone gets shot at". I just wish i knew who the guy was dishing out all the threats, i just want to shake his hand and tell him that he has got to be the biggest dumb **** i have ever met in my life.

Happy new year to you as well!!
  • bustinbustin Posts: 95 Deckhand
    Did anyone else see the divers on the buoy Friday? Looked to be 3-4 snorkeling and I assume free-diving to spear something. Curiously I did not see a dive flag anywhere. I trolled from just West of the buoy and as I approached it saw several boats around it with one large orange cc backed up to it fishing and something in the water and as I approached recognized those were divers in the water and I turned away and kept on trolling SE out to 200' and S for a while. Saw one large school of small flyers at 177' and thought I might pick up a phin, but only saw a fair sized hammerhead swim into the spread and swim off. Beautiful day, but no phins or wahoo that I hoped for.
  • CabanaboyCabanaboy Posts: 123 Officer
    good times sounds like...sorry i missed that one...i had a guy cuss me over the radio once for heading north when i hit the edge while he headed south and we were at least 1000 yards apart...one of them days where it would be nice to be in the wild wild west era and see who wins the gaff war for sure...idiots...something bout fishing brings out the ignorance and power tripping in the worst of em...good to hear u got sum kings in the boat at the end...i make sum killa dip!!!!
  • beachsideandybeachsideandy Posts: 925 Officer
    I would love to hear a recording of that call...

"CG CG CG, I have a situation at station 41009. There is someone fishing in the area that won't move and take turns. My feelings are very hurt. Over."
  • CaptBlazeCaptBlaze Posts: 96 Deckhand
    Thats who they were cussing at was the orange center console!!! BWAHAHHAHA I actually switched over to 16 to see if the yum yum was calling the CG, but i didnt hear em, had to get back to 68 for the entertainment.
  • Ram-RodRam-Rod Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    What a day on the water, at one point the orange boat tried to claim the buoy by throwing chunks of bonita at
    me.. I think his call sign was snickers.

"Orange boat, orange boat, did your suzukis blow up? Do you need me to call sea tow?"
  • on_the_rockson_the_rocks Posts: 7,910 Admiral
    CaptBlaze wrote: »
    HAHA very true, i probably would have paid good money to see a comedy show, and thats exactly what those morons were putting on over the radio. I just cant believe someone would "call the coast guard" because another boat wouldn't let him fish the spot. Unreal. It got so heated, i said to my crew, "i bet someone gets shot at". I just wish i knew who the guy was dishing out all the threats, i just want to shake his hand and tell him that he has got to be the biggest dumb **** i have ever met in my life.

Happy new year to you as well!!

:rotflmao