Skip to main content
Home Boating

587ci

Salty Sea-ManSalty Sea-Man Posts: 9 Greenhorn
edited June 3 in Boating #1
Bought this unit may of last year. Love it. Last trip while checking everything at the house it did not power on. I checked power at the fuse and good. So i tried to connect the power without the clip on the base I could get it to power on. But it would not stay on and GPS seemed off when i was in the boat. Each time it only powers on for 5 seconds or so then right back off. Not sure whats going on. Only 3 months out of warranty. Sure something can be done.

Replies

• Joby@Humminbird[email protected] Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    I would contact customer service and they should be able to take care of you. There number is 800-633-1468.
  • Salty Sea-ManSalty Sea-Man Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    So I called them today, they advised me a lot of people are having this problem and when they send them in they power right up. She told me to try to wire it directly to the battery with a fuse rather than go through a fuse panel. I did that this evening And it powered on the first time and i waited for a few minutes and it got GPS signal showing me where i was. Have not water tested it yet but hope to this weekend. Seemed to work.