Muttons in the Tortugas with Capt. Billy Delph on 12/19/12

Hey all. I had to reregister for the forum but have been a member here for a while. I went to the tortugas this past week to fish for muttons. We went out with Capt. Billy Delph and had an awesome time. We caught a lot of muttons, blackfin tuna, red grouper, had a sailfish on the line, kingfish and more. Incredible trip. Highly recommend Capt. Delph it is worht the money. Check out his website at delphfishingcharters.com is his website that is how I found him.

We left Key West at 7:30am and got to our first spot at 9am. First spot was good with a couple of muttons. We then moved to another spot that was solid action. At one point one of us was fighting a sailfish, another was fighting a blackfin tuna and the other was hauling in a mutton. We have video I will post it when it is on youtube.

Pics below:

ihZOy.jpg

mUFdH.jpg

uQO5F.jpg

j48LD.jpg

QdL9w.jpg

Replies

• Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,377 Moderator
    Nice trip. Any trip with any of the Delphs is always good
  • jakedgejakedge Posts: 1,303 Officer
    Nice report and pics. Thanks for sharing.
  • SnaphappySnaphappy Posts: 1,405 Officer
    Nice report. I'm praying to weather gods now. Headed to the Tugas this weekend then again two weeks after that. Hopefully between the two weekends we will have good weather. What baits were the muttons eating? Also did the tuna and sail hit live bait flat lines?
  • gruntkinggruntking Posts: 798 Officer
    Whoa. Nice fish!
  • NorthernNorthern Posts: 870 Officer
    Some of those muttons were real oinkers. NICE!
  • rwoodrwood Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Yea this was our second trip with Delphs. I'll post pics from the first trip soon. Both times was a spectacular trip. I recommend them to everyone I talk to if they want a lifetime experience fishing trip. It may be expensive but the experience and fishing you get makes it well worth it and memories forever. Delphs will put you on the big muttons.
    This was a trip we took this past August with the Delph Fishing Charter. First tortugas mutton trip for me and was amazing.

6oLgV.jpg

UdWuo.jpg

NQNhH.jpg

Zn4lU.jpg
    Snaphappy wrote: »
    Nice report. I'm praying to weather gods now. Headed to the Tugas this weekend then again two weeks after that. Hopefully between the two weekends we will have good weather. What baits were the muttons eating? Also did the tuna and sail hit live bait flat lines?

Using Pilchards all day. The tunas and sail hit flatline pilchards, yes.
  • Derek ArsuaDerek Arsua Posts: 2,474 Officer
    Those are some stud muttons!!
  • BrutteMaverickBrutteMaverick Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    He is the video I shot with my GoPro Hero3, I had it in one of the rod holders. I have nearly an hour or more of unedited video and I am not kidding there was a 30 minutes stretch of nonstop fish being caught. I cut it down to 7 minutes in the video here.

I will be going back to see Billy Delph soon!