media silent about this movie theater shooting

13»

Replies

• capt billcapt bill Posts: 4,035 Officer
    Only in your paranoid imagination, which is the commonality of those who seek concealed permits. Then, as I said the only thing remaining is the opportunity to play at cop, (Zimmerman) vigilante, (Dunn) and distraught diner (Jock).

There are many indicators of overly imaginative and much too zealous enthusiasts who lack the socialization, maturity and presence of mind to walk the streets with handguns at the ready seeking to fulfill that fantasy These permit courses attract them like ants to a picnic. This should be the entry point to a psychological assessment to determine their fitness for such a weighty responsibility, rather than a state sanctioned means to enable their madness.

Then you know what? Disarm the police. See how long it is until one of them gets killed since apparently lethal force is never an answer...

Unfortunately it appears you are grouping a statistical insignificant amount of people into one broad category when very very few of them have proven what you just described. I assume you were in law enforcement or still are...this is the mindset many of you carry. "Only I can carry a firearm. Power to me and no one else" Police state mentality
    attachment.php?attachmentid=58515&d=1353007399
  • SWFL_F1sh0nSWFL_F1sh0n Posts: 17,248 Officer
    capt bill wrote: »
    ...or are you going to try and tell me a clip is the same thing as a magazine again?

Surprised you were silly enough to bring that up again after your epic fail. The point, to dumb it down for you, is that a trained police officer, whether off duty or not, has more training to stop a mass murderer than some punk kid with a CCP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capt bill wrote: »
    Then you know what? Disarm the police. See how long it is until one of them gets killed since apparently lethal force is never an answer...

Unfortunately it appears you are grouping a statistical insignificant amount of people into one broad category when very very few of them have proven what you just described. I assume you were in law enforcement or still are...this is the mindset many of you carry. "Only I can carry a firearm. Power to me and no one else" Police state mentality

Spoken from the often heard sophomoric perspective of the dilettante.

You nor any of your CCP carriers is qualified by training , experience or temperament to be equivalent to a professional law enforcement officer.

If anything it appears that your enthusiasm and zeal for weaponry as conspicuously displayed in your constant defense of the superiority of arms wielded by the uncertified and untrained in expression and signature, and diminishing these trend establishing events as aberrations and dismissing their importance, is founded in an unreasonable fear of an imaginary police state.

I know few police officers who enjoy carrying weapons much less celebrate them as being anything else but a terrible and necessary tool of the job, which they hope to never have to resort to employ. Those who do are selected out early in their careers.

It appears to me that you may be one of those guys and it just may be that that the right opportunity has not yet presented itself.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Spoken from the often heard sophomoric perspective of the dilettante.

You nor any of your CCP carriers is qualified by training , experience or temperament to be equivalent to a professional law enforcement officer.

If anything it appears that your enthusiasm and zeal for weaponry as conspicuously displayed in your constant defense of the superiority of arms wielded by the uncertified and untrained in expression and signature, and diminishing these trend establishing events as aberrations and dismissing their importance, is founded in an unreasonable fear of an imaginary police state.

I know few police officers who enjoy carrying weapons much less celebrate them as being anything else but a terrible and necessary tool of the job, which they hope to never have to resort to employ. Those who do are selected out early in their careers.

It appears to me that you may be one of those guys and it just may be that that the right opportunity has not yet presented itself.

The first part in bold is the BIGGEST JOKE I have ever heard. I have told you nothing more than anything your own police cadet trainer would agree with me upon yet you continue to try and twist what I say into false accusations. It seems as though your own LEO ego is getting ahead of you in this discussion. In fact I know quite a few guys that have been in the military for years (close friends) and continue training since then...sorry but no LEOs are ready for jack sh** except their own paycheck...thats all they work for and thats it. Glad I now see your bias toward this subject. Fortunately our forefathers foresaw this trend of police state mentality and created the 2A that includes our right to KEEP and BEAR arms. Im sorry you cant accept facts for what they are but maybe you should look at the CCW homicide rate versus the police's: "Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606)(25). And readers of Newsweek learned that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The ‘error rate’ for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."(26)" http://gunowners.org/fs0404.htm

How many police officers have you seen in the media that have been caught abusing their power versus a civilian? Way more officers. They are all on power trips, no mistaking that. It also appears as if you are on one yourself. Also no mistaking that just 3 months-9 months worth of "training" is considered adequate. Not nearly all of that constitutes anything firearms related, my uncle himself who is a deputy chief of police told me that. I know many more guys much more qualified for not just the battlefield but the streets themselves than any cop is. Cops are the biggest scam to hit the nation as of late. They are kids who couldnt get a degree and took the easy way out.

Nobody celebrates carrying a weapon, hence why many carry concealed. According to you, lethal force is never necessary, so please explain why you would like all LEOs as well as civilians to be disarmed....because this should be a good one since you want to revoke people's right to self defense
  • See? :grin

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Surprised you were silly enough to bring that up again after your epic fail. The point, to dumb it down for you, is that a trained police officer, whether off duty or not, has more training to stop a mass murderer than some punk kid with a CCP.

LOL epic fail...like I said, walk into a gun store and tell the people working the counter that...they will laugh at you as I have. A trained police officer is no more trained than many civilians to your surprise. As I have said previously, I have seen officers fail miserably in competition compared to those of my skill...heck Im not even that old and can still hit the **** target and score decently, no officer has ever been ranked higher than me at a match....if they are so "well trained" then explain how they cant beat me under ZERO stress?
    See? :grin

you are honestly out of your mind if you truly believe anything you previously wrote
    LOL epic fail...like I said, walk into a gun store and tell the people working the counter that...they will laugh at you as I have. A trained police officer is no more trained than many civilians to your surprise. As I have said previously, I have seen officers fail miserably in competition compared to those of my skill...heck Im not even that old and can still hit the **** target and score decently, no officer has ever been ranked higher than me at a match....if they are so "well trained" then explain how they cant beat me under ZERO stress?

Explain how you can keep your composure and defuse a situation under stress. I don't really care about a non stress situation, I care about when the fit hits the shan how someone deals with it calmly and logically, not some who gets out of his truck, gets his tail wipped and then shoots an unarmed minor.

As for Magazine or Clip, I'll stick with your savior, the NRA's, definition that they are synonymous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Explain how you can keep your composure and defuse a situation under stress.

The same way he demonstrates it with with a keyboard.

Explain how you can keep your composure and defuse a situation under stress. I don't really care about a non stress situation, I care about when the fit hits the shan how someone deals with it calmly and logically, not some who gets out of his truck, gets his tail wipped and then shoots an unarmed minor.

As for Magazine or Clip, I'll stick with your savior, the NRA's, definition that they are synonymous.

like I said before, if you had to pick a definition on a test, which one would you pick? If you were to pick a "clip" as the best answer on a test you would never pass the MCAT :grin hence why I have

I've been through about 2 dozen classes containing home defense, advance pistol use, self defense, and combat training...not to mention the use of a pistol while using a K-9 to clear a home and its surrounding property (many times at that)...stress is always evident as it always will be. Not saying I cant but when the stakes are even, how is someone with supposedly " less training", according to Gary like me, able to come out on top?
    like I said before, if you had to pick a definition on a test, which one would you pick? If you were to pick a "clip" as the best answer on a test you would never pass the MCAT :grin hence why I have

I've been through about 2 dozen classes containing home defense, advance pistol use, self defense, and combat training...not to mention the use of a pistol while using a K-9 to clear a home and its surrounding property (many times at that)...stress is always evident as it always will be. Not saying I cant but when the stakes are even, how is someone with supposedly " less training", according to Gary like me, able to come out on top?

I bet your eyes are brown too. :kick
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The same way he demonstrates it with with a keyboard.

you seem to be all too consumed in the police power trip that you cant come to grips that perhaps a decent amount of civilians are just as good at defending themselves without the waste of taxpayer dollars.
    you seem to be all too consumed in the police power trip that you cant come to grips that perhaps a decent amount of civilians are just as good at defending themselves without the waste of taxpayer dollars.

Fine, defend yourself in your Dorm, however if my kids are at a movie, I would have much more faith in a cop in that than you or anyone like you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capt bill wrote: »

Its kinda like sex. People who need to talk about it all the time and how great they are at it usually aren't.

The only person on here boasting about how their prowess in arms exceeds that of law enforcement officers, which you have no experience in and your "military" experience is no substitution for, is you.

• mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    Its kinda like sex. People who need to talk about it all the time and how great they are at it usually aren't.

Amanda says I'm great. Sorry, that's incorrect. She says I'm phenomenal. :grin
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • mikev wrote: »
    Amanda says I'm great. Sorry, that's incorrect. She says I'm phenomenal. :grin
    And I've seen the result. So she is right.

Fine, defend yourself in your Dorm, however if my kids are at a movie, I would have much more faith in a cop in that than you or anyone like you.

if you ever saw a cop actually fire a gun at a target in competition, Im sure you would have your doubts such as I do

furthermore I havent lived in a dorm since fall freshman year thank you

The only person on here boasting about how their prowess in arms exceeds that of law enforcement officers, which you have no experience in and your "military" experience is no substitution for, is you.

never said any of what you just implied