Hollywood gun control hypocrites

2»

Replies

• ac2020ac2020 Posts: 5,730 Officer
    cpr wrote: »
    AC slow down and try and contemplate what what we are saying; Actors make millions glorifying guns, then they want to ban them. That is hypocritical.
    Movies make consumer goods popular, from cigarettes to cars to guns. Remember Rambo knifes? Or the movie Bullet, fastback Mustangs and Chargers sold out.
    Also look at celebratory gun fire in this state, people mimic what they see. (As a NRA member and gun owner I am appalled by such stupidity. If they want to shoot at midnight shoot into the ground, not up in the air.)

Celebs are also are a large part of the 1% and speak of taxing the rich, go figure

'Glorifying'?

Thats just a perspective of what you see.

Film is art. Someone else can watch the same fire-em-up flick you do and at the same time you see glorification while they see heinous acts.
    The only time republicans and democrats are right is when they're blaming each other. :USA
  • ac2020 wrote: »

Film is art.

And life imitates art.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Team SabatageTeam Sabatage Posts: 12,874 AG
    And life imitates art.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
  • esteroestero Posts: 2,041 Captain
    Most actors have lost any self respect in parts they play, language they use and things they do for publicity. As long as they make money they will do anything. They are giving themselves some kind of awards almost every week. Then they call what they do art.

I would not be surprised to see a movie coming out in the near future based on the school massacre in Connecticut.

Just because you’re  Offended  Doesn’t mean you right!

• Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,329 AG
    m9000 wrote: »
    Many uber liberal Hollywood types demand a "plan" for gun control, yet gladly make millions from movies with gun violence- and I bet if you broke into their homes, they would respond with guns or private security firm guards with guns would be on the scene ASAP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6m0NAq6RDk

I will take their gun control claims seriously when they vow to make no more movies with gun violence and their existing movies with gun violence are removed from circulation.

Walk the talk or be a hypocrite.

You got that right!

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
  • ben17ben17 Posts: 2,782 Officer
    cpr wrote: »
    AC slow down and try and contemplate what what we are saying; Actors make millions glorifying guns, then they want to ban them. That is hypocritical.
    Movies make consumer goods popular, from cigarettes to cars to guns. Remember Rambo knifes? Or the movie Bullet, fastback Mustangs and Chargers sold out.
    Also look at celebratory gun fire in this state, people mimic what they see. (As a NRA member and gun owner I am appalled by such stupidity. If they want to shoot at midnight shoot into the ground, not up in the air.)

Celebs are also are a large part of the 1% and speak of taxing the rich, go figure

You guys need to watch better movies.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    Acting is a job. They don't control what the public buys and the public consistently consumes sex and violence, fueling massive studio profits. Violent action movies also translate well, culturally.

End of the day - the second amendment is there to protect your right to arms - the first is there to protect my right to tell stories with guns in them.

Personal politics and what a 'perfect world' looks like, is totally separate.
  • greggl wrote: »
    Acting is a job. End of the day....

You are a good man , Eddie.

But at the end of the day, you do not sell yourself or your talent, skills or art for money, or prostitute yourself for a car, house, women or anything else for something you do not believe in.

I prefer to die poor with one bullet left .:wink

But that's just me.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    You are a good man , Eddie.

But at the end of the day, you do not sell yourself or your talent, skills or art for money, or prostitute yourself for a car, house, women or anything else for something you do not believe in.

I prefer to die poor with one bullet left .:wink

But that's just me.

Off topic but what is with the lighthouse avatar? Did Humphrey move on?

• estero wrote: »
    Off topic but what is with the lighthouse avatar? Did Humphrey move on?

Delma Stanley "Buddy" (Ramblin' Reck) McCoy.

• heathenheathen Posts: 7,080 Officer
    looks like the tybee island light house.

Sure you do. Its part of the business. Idealists tend to starve.

The public/private/movie roles persona thing is a super complicated issue - ask any liberal, gay action movie star, strategically married to a female lead :)
    heathen wrote: »
    looks like the tybee island light house.

It is.
    Take a break and visit Off Topic for some info on Reck. Get his book, look at some of his old posts.

He had a writing style that could make you smell the scent of a woman as her ginger hair fell over the opening of her shirt, just as you were getting a good look and then as she walked away, making her heels click on the floor perfectly in beat with the sway of her hips and that tight blue knit skirt....
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
    It is.
    Take a break and visit Off Topic for some info on Reck. Get his book, look at some of his old posts.

He had a writing style that could make you smell the scent of a woman as her ginger hair fell over the opening of her shirt, just as you were getting a good look and then as she walked away, making her heels click on the floor perfectly in beat with the sway of her hips and that tight blue knit skirt....

You just described the girl I seen at one of the Fort Myers Beach bars.

Reck could write about the wimmins like that so well, you could see them and smell them, even though you knew they probably didn't even exist.

Like the way she smiled as she refilled your coffee, those blue eyes and that small upturned nose. He lipstick was light colored, peach maybe and it had a shine when she ran her tounge across them...

He could make the **** at Cracklin Jacks with the cigarette hanging out of her mouth and that inch long ash ready to drop at any moment sound beautiful as she said "Honey, it's fried, bar-b-qued or somewhere else".

... ask any liberal, gay action movie star, strategically married to a female lead :)

Cool. Is there a list of their email addresses available, or do I have to join a guild or something to find out?

• WelwoodWelwood Posts: 745 Officer
    ac2020 wrote: »
    It's f'king make-believe.

Its not hypocritical, its fake.

Just like Wrestling and Politics.
    Cool. Is there a list of their email addresses available, or do I have to join a guild or something to find out?

You could join the gay mafia... :) http://www.laweekly.com/2002-07-04/news/vanity-too-fair/

Seriously though - Michael Caine talks about this issue at length in some old articles. If I recall it correctly, he mentions that Jaws2 allowed him to install a big pool for his teenage kids.

I've spoken with one director, the weekend before his breakout feature came out, where all he wanted was go have good DVD sale. He was going to get .25 cents from each one sold - that was going to set his wife and kids up so that we could start doing less commercial the projects he really wanted to do.

Personally, I've always made a point to work for 'dark' organizations when I've had the chance. They fascinate me.

My late uncle Pat explained the gay mafia to me when I lived in LA.

There is also the rubyfruit mafia - power lesbians :)
    There is also the rubyfruit mafia - power lesbians :)

He didn't tell me about those.

Back on topic - Sigourney Weaver is anti-gun.

She talks about it at length on the Aliens DVD extras.

She doesnt read stage direction in scripts (many don't), only dialog.

First week of shooting, they set her up with a pulse rifle and a flamethrower.

She discuses how the guns/flamethrowers were seductively compelling and how conflicted she felt.

It's a very enlightened interview and she doesn't sound like a typical Hollywood idiot :)
  • JebJeb Posts: 22 Greenhorn
    marco12 wrote: »
    Guns don't kill people. Movies do.

**** RIGHT
    Back on topic - Sigourney Weaver is anti-gun.

It's a very enlightened interview and she doesn't sound like a typical Hollywood idiot :)

She was very mean to those kids in Holes. But I did feel badly for her in Avatar.

• nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,567 Admin
    She was very mean to those kids in Holes. But I did feel badly for her in Avatar.

Not to mention Ghostbusters...
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!