Dry Ice in St Pete beach?

Does anyone know where I can get some dry ice to pack my fish for the travel home on St Pete beach. I am leaving tommorrow.

Replies

• jsrodguy1jsrodguy1 Posts: 545 Officer
    Try Publix they have at my store in NE St Pete.
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,116 Moderator
    :Agree
  • TriguyTriguy Posts: 201 Deckhand
    I've tried the publix here on the beach and they called the treasure island store and no luck.
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,078 AG
    There is a Publix in Pasadena...and many others. Try going to their website and find the ones around you and start calling.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
    I finally found that the Winn Dixie in Madeira beach carries it. Thanks
  • Mango ManMango Man Posts: 11,078 AG
    Thanks for letting us know.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,587 Moderator
    How much fish and how are you packing it? I've shipped 50 pounds of frozen Salmon and Halibut home from Vancouver Island on a box made for shipping fish/game with no dry ice at all. http://www.alaskabutcherequip.com/storage-handling-and-shipping-supplies/fish-boxes-and-liners.html This box is a styrofoam box which fits very neatly into a waxed cardboard box. The small size I use holds almost exactly 50# of frozen fish which is vacuum packed and frozen. I put it into a large trash bag and pack it into the styrofoam cooler, getting as much air space out of the cooler as possible. Then seal everything up. Last time I traveled, I experienced several plane delays, including one of several hours in Dallas where it was 108* on the tarmac. 36 hours after I packed the cooler, with no dry ice, I arrived home and the packages were still frozen solid and just beginning to break a sweat. What I'm saying is, you really don't need dry ice if you pack the fish properly.
    How much fish and how are you packing it? I've shipped 50 pounds of frozen Salmon and Halibut home from Vancouver Island on a box made for shipping fish/game with no dry ice at all. http://www.alaskabutcherequip.com/storage-handling-and-shipping-supplies/fish-boxes-and-liners.html This box is a styrofoam box which fits very neatly into a waxed cardboard box. The small size I use holds almost exactly 50# of frozen fish which is vacuum packed and frozen. I put it into a large trash bag and pack it into the styrofoam cooler, getting as much air space out of the cooler as possible. Then seal everything up. Last time I traveled, I experienced several plane delays, including one of several hours in Dallas where it was 108* on the tarmac. 36 hours after I packed the cooler, with no dry ice, I arrived home and the packages were still frozen solid and just beginning to break a sweat. What I'm saying is, you really don't need dry ice if you pack the fish properly.
    That's good info. I do know packing it tight makes a difference. However, I did pack a omaha steak styrofoam cooler with 12 lbs of fish, a half a bag of regular ice and 4lbs of dry ice. Still solid after 36 hours. I was surprised no one on St Pete carried it. I just didn't want to chance losing my fish.