Not Political....but important

CaptBobBryantCaptBobBryant Posts: 5,716 Officer
After many, many, many, many years with my old friend.....it is time to kick it to the curb.

They say it isn't real until you say it out loud and write it down and let others know....

So if on Tuesday or any day thereafter you see me with a cigarette in my hand feel free to kick my ****.....
I have spent the better part of the week, cleaning and throwing stuff away to prepare my environment....now let's only hope my brain and emotions are prepared.

it must be a real cigarette, not the electronic ones I am using to quit with.

That is all!
National Association of Recreational Anglers - Add Your Voice
https://www.facebook.com/RecAnglers?notif_t=page_new_likes

Replies

• MACDMACD Lee CountyPosts: 4,849 Captain
    My oldest son used the electronic cig to quit. He has'nt puffed a real cig for 6 months.

I thought the Electronic cigs were just a gimmic. But my son did spend some money trying differant manufactures of electronic cigs that worked better for him...

It was still money well spent for him because he is not puffing on the tobacco butts.

Stay strong.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 27,483 AG
    What brand are you using. As a retailer selling the product I would like to know the brand most preferred. Newport is introducing Blu and is going to push it hard. I expect Altria and RJR to have one soon, if not already in some areas.

Mini Mart Magnate

• TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    cadman wrote: »
    What brand are you using. As a retailer selling the product I would like to know the brand most preferred. Newport is introducing Blu and is going to push it hard. I expect Altria and RJR to have one soon, if not already in some areas.

Im using the logic brand right now. I think levels and flavors are most important. I find the 2.1 mg level to be way to heavy and addicitive. I like around 1.2mg. It will take off the edge with out making me want to get high again as do the 2.1mg. there all kinds of these rechargables.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I guess I should have asked disposable or rechargeable as well. Waht I currently sell is Metro a 1.8% disposable and want to expand since it is a growing market.

Mini Mart Magnate

What brand are you using.

It is my son that is using the Electronic cig. So I don't know what brand or brands he found most effective for him.

All I know is that there is a little store in our town(Cape Coral) that sells all the various brands and flavors that he shops at.

I can ask him next time I see him. He doesn't use the nicotine flavors anymore.
  • lawaiaalawaiaa Posts: 1,266 Officer
    After many, many, many, many years with my old friend.....it is time to kick it to the curb.

They say it isn't real until you say it out loud and write it down and let others know....

So if on Tuesday or any day thereafter you see me with a cigarette in my hand feel free to kick my ****.....
    I have spent the better part of the week, cleaning and throwing stuff away to prepare my environment....now let's only hope my brain and emotions are prepared.

That is all!

Best of luck to ya...... I'm right there with ya, "Smoke free in 2013"
  • Conchy CrackerConchy Cracker Posts: 10,454 Officer
    Figgers you are a smoker.

10 bucks sez you'll be doing yer chimbly impression by 12:30 new years eve....

I always thought that sallow look of you in your avatar just wasn't right for a healthy person.

Have you had a pet scan recently?

A friend of mines sister died day after Christmas from smoking 2 packs a day, she got the bad news in August.

The upside is once you are diagnosed the chance of being cured is non existent but the long range outlook isn't more than 9 months.

Do you have any chest pains or shortness of breath?
    Think cheap $6.99. Then think any smoker as they ask for camel lights " Have you tried this and take a puff.

They work they are better in the way I may have bought 10 esmokes in the time I would have bought 100 packs. No ash tray in car, no stinking like smoke, no yellow teeth, no lighter, no smoking in bathrooms with foot stompers and such....

You can do it around kids!
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I have smoked a few hooka flavers like apple and watermelon.... liked them.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • Justins DadJustins Dad Posts: 3,247 Officer
    Congratulations on your decision. Kicking the "habit" is one of the better decisions in my life and it will be for you as well....

That is all!
  • INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,737 Captain
    Rooting for you. And, being a solid conservative, I know your word is you bond and you'll succeed.
  • rickcrickc Posts: 9,172 Admiral
    this is the one we found to be the best after trying several of the disposable kind. Works. doesn't hurt you and you still get to smoke or quit.

http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=7
  • marco12marco12 Posts: 557 Officer
    As long as I don't have to pay one penny in higher insurance premiums to cover your lung cancer I don't care what happens.
    Good luck and take responsibility for your addictive behavior. One less purveyor of second hand smoke is a good thing.

I always thought that sallow look of you in your avatar just wasn't right for a healthy person.

A friend of mines sister died day after Christmas from smoking 2 packs a day, she got the bad news in August.

The upside is once you are diagnosed the chance of being cured is non existent but the long range outlook isn't more than 9 months.

marco12 wrote: »
    As long as I don't have to pay one penny in higher insurance premiums to cover your lung cancer I don't care what happens.
    Good luck and take responsibility for your addictive behavior. One less purveyor of second hand smoke is a good thing.

Here is a perfect example of why you should never share personal goals with people on this forum. Crap like the posts above. I may disagree with Bob on issues, but to actually wish him bad health as one did and ***** about it from another is just a demonstration of how low some members will go to make themselves feel better. You both should be banned for that kind of crap.

Bob, good luck on giving up smoking. ignore the lowlifes on here.

Mini Mart Magnate

• INTREPID377INTREPID377 Posts: 3,737 Captain
    No need to ban them, the "ignore" features serves the same purpose. Conchy has just earned a spot on my list.
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,020 Admiral
    I quit 3 yeqrs ago after smoking 3 packs a day for 40 years. I used the Nico Derm patches and it wound up being much easier than I thought. I followed the entire program to the end which I think was 10 weeks. I also didn't drink any alcohol for the first month.

I rarely think about cigs today and when I do the urge goes away within a few seconds. I can't stand the smell of other people who have been smoking and detest the thought I smelled like that for so many years.

I do miss good cigars however but am afraid to have one because I fear it will lead me back to cigs. A small price to pay.
    Deo Vindice
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
    Read Allen carr's "easy way to stop smoking"

I tried everything. Smoked a pack a day for 5 years. Smoked my last cig during read of the last chapter and never lifted another one. 5 years smoke "free".
  • esteroestero Posts: 2,041 Captain
    I quit after smoking for 40 years. I had a Dr. that prescribed Wellbutrin for me and within 10 days I never smoked again. I don't even have the craving for a smoke.

Good luck. It is worth it to quit.

Just because you’re  Offended  Doesn’t mean you right!

• Team SabatageTeam Sabatage Posts: 12,894 AG
    Good for you and I wish you the best of luck.

If you can pull it off, you will feel better, food will taste better, everything around you will smell better and you can buy a new lure every week instead.

If it doesn't work out for you this time, keep trying, do what ever it takes.

I threw them down many years ago, never looked back. Took the wife 20 years but a few years ago after her third try, Wellbutrin did the trick for her.

Best of luck, you're a really great person for trying.
    Strap me in, tie me down and roll me a bone, I'm getting on an airplane and I'm flying home...
    Bob quiting it the best thing.

Dont worry about this conch cracker guy he gives both of us a bad name.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • SuperFlukeSuperFluke Posts: 1,889 Captain
    I made it 5 months or so last year. Cigars got me... for some reason I thought it would be a good idea to have something to smoke while fishing. Bad idea. Giving it another go with a different plan this year.
  • fins4mefins4me Posts: 14,467 AG
    Good luck,, I have heard from some of my friends that it was a tough haul.. The ones that made it are glad they did however.
    ALLISON XB 21,, MERCURY 300 Opti Max Pro Series (Slightly Modified) You can't catch me!!!
    "Today is MINE"

That is all!

Use whatever tools are avalible to you ............This forum supports your quest to stop smoking cigarettes.

We applude your desire to kick the Butts.

Stay strong......We support you CaptBobBryant.
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
    I learned from working in addiction medicine offices that nicotine is the hardest drug from which to escape. Craving can go on for years though at a diminishing level.

Once you conquered the addiction, you will constantly reflect on how stupid you were for smoking. The benefits positively affecting your general health, pride and self esteem, and wallet are huge.

I don't know about the cig substitutes mentioned above but if they work go for it. I have also heard about hypnosis working.

What worked for me was on a New Years Day several decades ago. Two other guys I worked with also smoked. We decided to make a very heavy wager -- back then when we were making about $12,000 a year and had young families. The bet was that the first person go back to smoking had to pay the other two $1,000 in cash. The second person $1,000 to the third person.

I made $2,000 and have not touched a cigarette since. That paid for the new Volkswagen beetle I drove.

It all depends upon what is important and will motivate you. You also might want to get support from a professional addiction therapist. Or, you could get help from Nicotine Anonymous:

https://www.nicotine-anonymous.org/standard_search.php

Best of luck to you, Bob.

I am always amazed when I go into a grocery store and see the current prices for a carton of coffin nails. STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!

:thumbsup

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
    Good job BO

Good job om typing all that too instead of pasting.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • capt billcapt bill Posts: 4,035 Officer

Utterly disgusting and pathetic of a post as they come
    attachment.php?attachmentid=58515&d=1353007399
  • old thompsonold thompson Posts: 6,497 Officer
    Those cigarettes must be stronger than you CaptBobBraynt or you would have conquered them already. Just tell the cigarettes they won and don't fight with them again. They can't screw with you if you don't screw with them, just like before you started smoking.
    He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

No representation without taxation!
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,543 Captain
    No need to ban them, the "ignore" features serves the same purpose. Conchy has just earned a spot on my list.
    How cool is that, I didn't know that feature was that easy. Thanks !!
  • CaptBobBryantCaptBobBryant Posts: 5,716 Officer

Cadman:

For me it is the feel of a real cigarette....
    I am more of a habit smoker than a nicotine adict (although I know it is part of it).
    Most E CIgs feel like sucking on the end of an old BIC pen....

I found the NJoy Disposable that have a filter and body that feels fairly close to a real cigaraette so as I hold it and puff it is more what I am used to....

Mind you that for me....it was holding the cig more than smoking.....would drive my wife nuts to watch me light a cig and maybe take 2 or 3 drags off of it throughout the whole cig...
  • CaptBobBryantCaptBobBryant Posts: 5,716 Officer
    I guess I should have asked disposable or rechargeable as well. Waht I currently sell is Metro a 1.8% disposable and want to expand since it is a growing market.

Go with the NJOY disposable.....they rock.