Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

pass red fish

got bored so decided to go fish the pass. was planning on going out there to just mess with the blue fish so all i had was 2 live baits and a bag full of artificials. as soon as i got out there i went towards the channel to see what i could pick up on those 2 live baits drifting and instantly hooked up to 2 reds. i lost mine after a short run but my brother got his in.
redfish121612_zps504db18c.jpg
we ran out of bait so my brother decided to drop down a diamond jig to see if he could get lucky and hook into something. when it came it we were both surprised
grouper121612_zps59593a34.jpg
hated to watch that gag swim back down
we had some squid so my brother hooked a whole squid to see what he could get and as he started to reel it up a red followed the bait up and took it but snapped the leader.
then i was lucky enough to catch 2 sandperch so i decided to drop one down.
seeing how my brother hooked that red on the way up i decided to slowly reel my line up and this was a end result.
red121612_zpsa7131284.jpg
drop another one down and got bit again.
red1216_zps73b98411.jpg
made a few more drifts and didnt get anything so called it a day before it got dark.
so if any one is wanting to get out there and catch some reds live bait has been key. my brother and i went 3-4 on the reds today with the 4 live baits we had.
there was a charter boat i think (black century bay boat with a website on the side) and i think they were using live bait and was hooking up every drift also and i saw at least 1 double. and another boat showed up and they had some nice big baits and were hooking up instantly.
btw if any one sees a white 28ft contender with twin 200s give me a holler im always looking for people to meet
8aa18353-93c1-47d9-a69d-05a47ee5322c.jpg

Replies