Redfish on Fire!

Headed out this morning around 9 with one of my bestfriends and longtime fishing buddy Captain Russ. With the skys grey and cloudy and thunderstorms in the distance, what we thought was going to be a horrible day turned out to be the best I have had this month! We fished a strong incoming tide untill about 1330, catching red after red, after red. The bite would not stop and was consistant the whole day. Wound up catching around 20 or so reds ranging from 20 to 27 inches with most being around the 24 inch slot. They all seemed to love the handpicks we were tossing at them...prefferably dead. The best part about the day was the last 5 or so we caught, we sight casted. Nothing better than watchin a fat red turn his head at your offering and off to the races. Ill tell you, there is somthing about this overcast weather that drives them crazy. Great day to be on the water. It is days like today that make me feel so lucky to live in paradise...ain't no other place I would rather be. Tight lines Y'all

Replies

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 Officer
    Nice fish.

You may want to be careful posting this though.

attachment.php?attachmentid=62574&stc=1&d=1355277441

South Zone

Minimum Size Limit
    Not less than 18" no more than 27" total length

Daily Bag Limit

1 fish per person per day; 8 fish vessel limit

red_drum_zone_map.jpg
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • InshoreSlamInshoreSlam Posts: 111 Officer
    Gary, thankyou for your concern. I do know the bag limits for redfish....I am a USCG licensed local GUIDE. I had 3 people on my vessel. My girlfriend was not pictured.
    Very good.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    I appreciate your knowledge.
    Don't want you to get that phone call. We have enough problems.

Looks like a great day. Well done.

A phone call would mean someone does not have all the details of a photo and way too much time on their hands...Again, I am a licensed guide, and I do not need people on here accusing me of things from a photograph for no reason. Next time please keep those responses to yourself. I do not think any of the frequent anglers on this forum need a reply with the "bag limits" pasted all over it.
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,734 Captain
    A phone call would mean someone does not have all the details of a photo and way too much time on their hands...Again, I am a licensed guide, and I do not need people on here accusing me of things from a photograph for no reason. Next time please keep those responses to yourself. I do not think any of the frequent anglers on this forum need a reply with the "bag limits" pasted all over it.

I agree w/ Captain A.J. 100%!!!!! What you did Gary is just totally uncalled for! We all become menbers of this Forum to make friends and exchange fishing info but not the kind your dealing out! Reposting his photo w/ the size and bag limit right under it is like trying to show everyone here that they were guilty of breaking the laws before YOU even knew the whole story!!!! 4,824 post here and you don't know any better???
    Get a life dude!!!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • GamekillaGamekilla Posts: 461 Officer
    Wow nice day on the water...what area were you fishing?? Estero? PIS? or...
  • GatorInPISoundGatorInPISound Posts: 543 Officer
    I agree with the Captain. Rediculous to think that someone has to remind a Captain about rules and regs. I have been called out as well from a photograph when the person making the accusation has forgotten that the person on the charter was taking the picture! Oh well, I guess it was meant to help but it really is an insult.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Trust in the LORD and receive HIS many blessings....
  • Angler SystemsAngler Systems Posts: 919 Officer
    My girlfriend was not pictured.

See there is where the post went downhill.........................:wink
    Read the first sentance of his post! He states he was heading out w/ one of his best friends and Capt. Russ> 3 people> Nuff said!!!!!!
  • dtobiasdtobias Posts: 733 Officer
    Nice redfish Cappy.....would love to get on them myself, but outboard is being serviced tomorrow....maybe Friday.....
  • former bluefishinnyformer bluefishinny Posts: 1,466 Officer
    Very very very.... Very nice trip!
    You guys try throwing artificials at all? Again, very nice!
  • greg123168greg123168 Posts: 256 Deckhand
    I think alot of us out here that fish on a regular bases know what the regs are!!!!!! We dont need peeps telling us that we might get a phone call on a picture we took. I know I have personally taking a picture of a illegal to keep fish I caught and put her back in the water for hopefully another catch another day.

also very very nice reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2018 shearwater 27
    I usually agree with what Gary has to offer.... However, this is definately crossing the line! And this crossing the line is a reason why many of the "old forum salts" have left FSFF.
    Just to let Y'all know, I'm Capt. AJ's Uncle and his girlfriend Katie is a Knock-Out!!! AJ, if you don't post a photo of her> AKA> Homosassa Mirmaid-Monkey Scaloping up in my neck of the woods!!>> I will!!!
  • flexdaddyflexdaddy Posts: 35 Deckhand
    And this crossing the line is a reason why many of the "old forum salts" have left FSFF.

Where have they gone? I'd love to find a better forum with less obtrusive advertising (or at least more relavant advertising), more activity in my region and less trolls. But I haven't been able to find one. Seems this is as good as it gets for SWF Fishing?
    2005 SeaHunt Triton 212
  • Go MongoGo Mongo Posts: 2,107 Captain
    As stated, Gary was simply giving a heads up and being respectful while doing so.
    He has been a great contributor to this forum for a long time and many on here have learned from him.
    He deserves the benefit of the doubt, not the defensive lashing out.

Thanks for your report.
    “Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea
  • perlman1234perlman1234 Posts: 1,449 Officer
    I think this is a situation where a personal message would have been a little better than a public lesson trying to be taught. It is an easy and much better way to say something and avoid public bashing on both sides. This site it supposed to be fun, it is not supposed to be a salem witch hunt.... Come on you really looking into his glasses for his gf? Hahahaha you guys are too much.
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Posts: 18,658 Admin
    Gentleman we appreciate all of the fishing reports and we'd like to encourage everyone to continue to post them and participate here on the Florida Sportsman forum.

In the future if there's ever a question about a thread or post, I would encourage you to send the OP a private message and sometimes these questions can be answered and resolved quickly and privately.

If there's ever a post or thread that you feel needs further attention please hit then report post link or send one of the moderators a private message.

Thanks guys and tight lines!
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
This discussion has been closed.