Little River Reds 11\27\2012

BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,672 Captain
Decided at the last minute to go out for a few hours this afternoon and see if anything was biting. It was just myself and one of my neighbors that can fish. There is a bunch that can't, is why I mentioned it, but I still like taking them out as they appreciate being on the water.

Trout bite was slow with only one 17 incher in the boat. A few small ones and a bunch of lizard fish.

We decided to go for reds about an hour before high tide and found them in a new, to me, spot. They were thick and tailing. We managed to put four in the boat with many coming off or not hooking up. They were fat and sassy unlike the trout which seemed to give up after being hooked. Going back tomorrow and try again a little earlier.

All fish were on artificial (spoons and spinnerbaits), don't like using cut bait all that much, as it tends to be boring. Water temperature was 61 degrees and it was another great day in the Big Bend.

The cleaning table shot instead of the obligatory cooler shot. Kept a 25 and a 19 inch red for our dinners...and a trout.

Bill
"And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."

Replies

• ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Great lookin fish. Looks like you found a honeyhole for sure.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Those are some pigs Billy sign0191.gif Hey Billy, Brandon and I found the trout tucked way back off the beaten path hiding on the west side of the o-bars of the out going tide cool0037.gif
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    If we don't get any really cold weather them Reds will be all over them bars......Great looking fish....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,366 Captain
    If you we able to get 'em, they must have been really thick in there. :grin:grin

Save a few for me.
  • Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 829 Officer
    Those reds are nice. Great catch.
  • Landlocked_Landlocked_ Posts: 590 Officer
    Fine looking reds there Billy, that will be our target next trip out in the yaks
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,121 AG
    Good job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,672 Captain
    If you we able to get 'em, they must have been really thick in there. :grin:grin

Save a few for me.

I'm on a roll lately and have a bunch of places they will be at the next few months. Caught a 19 inch trout today way up river in another "special" spot. And a bunch of keeper sea bass.

You get those new batteries?

And are we ever going fishing again...I'll take you to my "spots". :cool:

Bill
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,366 Captain
    And are we ever going fishing again

Of course we'll be fishing again. But then your secret spots won't be secret anymore.

Have you been using your jon boat or your channel clogger? :wink

After pricing the AGMs, I think that I'll hang on to the flooded cell batteries for a while.
    Of course we'll be fishing again. But then your secret spots won't be secret anymore.

Have you been using your jon boat or your channel clogger? :wink

After pricing the AGMs, I think that I'll hang on to the flooded cell batteries for a while.

I've been using both.

The negative tide today made the Little River a challenge in the pontoon but I usually can get through. We can take either or your POS. I trust you with my secret spots. :)

And now we won't have a troller for the pontoon unless I find some batteries somewhere cheap. But I've been using the anchor and getting by doing it that way when I don't take the jon.

Bill
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,037 Captain
    solid Bill, great fish!
    angler18 wrote: »
    solid Bill, great fish!

Thanks Joe...looks like you and Billy didn't do bad either.

Bill