Moving to South Beach... Ideas?

I'm a Northeast Florida local looking to make a move to better my life. I'm currently a student studying Environmental Sciences at Flagler College. I've wanted to live in South Florida my whole life and I'm now finally getting the opportunity to do so. I've been an avid fisherman my whole life and definitely have a passion for it. I want to make it a career if possible (sport fishing in mind). I'll be visiting either this weekend or the following weekend to scout the area for jobs and housing. Not looking for any handouts just looking to get some insight on where to look or who to ask about getting in the industry. I'll be looking to find any job right off the bat as I don't expect to find what I'm looking for instantly. I was thinking of checking out the Golf and beach resorts first as that fits my lifestyle. Not really a restaurant person, no experience. Anybody have any insight or know of any open work? Like I said I am open to pretty much anything that can pay the bills and wont have me scrounging for my last pennies. Getting on a boat for some work would be great and I would definitely take any opportunity that comes my way. I'll be staying with a couple friends that live right off Euclid and 7th and they work at Equinox and Smith and Wollensky so something in the same area that is walking distance would be a plus. Any feedback or help that is given would be greatly appreciated.:fishing

Thanks,
Patrick

Replies