Home Egret Boats

Console Size? Looking For Cover

reelgrimmreelgrimm MiamiPosts: 459 Deckhand
I can't get to my boat for about a week but want to know the approx size.

I'm looking to grab a console cover online and was thinking a medium size

Fits Center Consoles up to 40"W x 30"D x 44"H would be OK.

Need a cover for the days when I'm fishing a lot and don't want to cover the entire the boat.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Center-Console-Cover-Grey-Medium-/230866171469?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true#ht_903wt_1378
My Youtube Channel
Boat: 2015 25' Competition Single 300 Yamaha
Latest Fishing Report - Snook on the Beach

Replies

• polepositionpoleposition Posts: 1,053 Officer
    22"L x 20"w 27"H. About 37" high if you measure to the top of the steering wheel.
  • reelgrimmreelgrimm MiamiPosts: 459 Deckhand
    Thanks!
    My Youtube Channel

I finally got a chance to use the boat the other day and used this console cover I got off ebay. Perfect fit and does exactly what I wanted.

I normally wash the boat and allow it to air dry for a couple days, but don't like the console to have direct exposure to sun or rain during that period... so this is perfect.

I think put the big cover after she is completely clean and dry...
    My Youtube Channel

• 91tiger91tiger Posts: 555 Officer
    I wish I had gone this route. I had Frank make me a custom cover when I was building my 189 and I told him I wanted it to be very loose so it will go on and off easily over my GPS and everything. I only intended dot use it when camping in the campground down at Flamingo. I didn't intend to trailer with it or leave it on long term. It was made so snug, it's a complete pain to use. It's not what I had in mind at all and it cost $385. I think I'm going to have to send it back to him to have an extra panel sewn into it so it will fit the way I want.
  • BluebirdBluebird Posts: 126 Officer
    Im in the process of having a new cover for my bird made, its a cover that fits as snug as a glove, almost flat to the deck. I will use it to cover it when not in use obviously but im also gonna use it on long road trips. Making it tight to the deck will keep it from flapping in the wind almost like a shrink wrap deal. Im having the platform and motor piece done seperate to be attached at the bottom by velcro pieces sewn onto the cover, that way i can tear it off and not worry about that catching wind and ripping to shreds on long road trips. I should get it tomorrow and when i get around to it ill post a pic or two if anyone is interested.
    91tiger wrote: »
    I wish I had gone this route. I had Frank make me a custom cover when I was building my 189 and I told him I wanted it to be very loose so it will go on and off easily over my GPS and everything. I only intended dot use it when camping in the campground down at Flamingo. I didn't intend to trailer with it or leave it on long term. It was made so snug, it's a complete pain to use. It's not what I had in mind at all and it cost $385. I think I'm going to have to send it back to him to have an extra panel sewn into it so it will fit the way I want.

Ya I called a frank and was quoted the same thing...the cover I mentioned here on ebay is loose, but has a string at the bottom to pull tight.... Like I said, I have a full cover that I got for frank, but for the days when I am fishing back to back and such, I don't bother covering the boat overnight... and having the console cover has made life much easier... the sun can ruin gauges quick and a heavy pour will get water into your console...
    My Youtube Channel