Jupiter Inlet Report - Weds 11-28-12

Quick trip out before the winds set in... Cleared the inlet at 8:05, almost dead calm and 1ft seas.... Knowing we only had 3 hours, we hit some of our reliable Snapper spots 2.35nm pretty much straight out the inlet, between 65 and 75ft of water depending upon were we on the reef, or off the reef...

First spot we hit was okay, not as good as usual, moved a bit south, as in only .25nm to .33nm and a nudge to the East and we caught probably 50 Snapper in a little over 2 hours. Skipper caught her first African Pompano... We also caught more super small Yellowtails than I've experienced... Not quite sure how some managed to get the bait an hook in their mouth...

Back inside the inlet by 11AM, winds were picking up to 15knts, some higher gusts by then... Water was pretty clear as well..

Will upload the video of the African Pompano later...
attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702

Replies

• Fi$h2nguyenFi$h2nguyen Posts: 7,782 Moderator
    Nice!! You really squeezed in a last minute trip before the blow! Look forward to video. Congrats skipper!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Keeping busy while away from Florida

https://www.youtube.com/user/UFpwrLifter/videos?view_as=public
  • latitudeajustmentlatitudeajustment Posts: 1,994 Captain
    Very nice to hear, glad you made it out before the next blow. Hoping it clears up real quick! What bait or jigs were you using?
  • LastMangoLastMango Posts: 4,574 Officer
    Very nice to hear, glad you made it out before the next blow. Hoping it clears up real quick! What bait or jigs were you using?

Didn't have time to hunt for fresh bait, so we used frozen sardines, cut in half for the chicken rigs, and whole for the Muttons, butterflied... Had some squid too...

I love to jig, but didn't today, was an all dead bait trip due to time crunch...
    attachment.php?attachmentid=131572&d=1399127702
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    Glad you got out and scored! WTG skipper on the African
    USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    [url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainsalcaptainsal Posts: 94 Deckhand
    love it when you make a quick call and it pans out.
  • ontheedge5658ontheedge5658 Posts: 2,663 Captain
    Great job LastMango. Got to love fishing out of Jupiter.Less then 3 miles to the fishing grounds.I used to fish Jupiter from 1996-2008 I sure miss it.
  • Go MongoGo Mongo Posts: 2,107 Captain
    Awesome!
    “Every day is a new day. It is better to be lucky. But I would rather be exact. Then when luck comes you are ready.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway, The Old Man and the Sea