OLD MAN & HIS MONEY!

After nearly six years and about 1500 hours running the Lund SSV18, I got the itch for a different boat. My wife kept telling me to get the boat I want or the kids will after I'm gone. Finally made sense to me! Just traded for a 2009 Pathfinder 2000 Bay with a Yamaha F150. Having the bottom painted so it can sit at the dock waiting to fish. Tried it for a couple or three hours Sunday and ran the Little Homosassa with only one "touch" coming back in at dead low tide. Think this one may be a keeper! Hope the image comes through.

dscn0922xg.jpg
SO WHEN IS THIS "OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER" SUPPOSED TO KICK IN?

Replies

• Oldfox1939Oldfox1939 Posts: 521 Officer
    Looks nice.

Where did you touch....Hell Gate.
  • THINKICANTHINKICAN Homosassa, FLPosts: 422 Deckhand
    Gravel bar just inside the LITTLE Homosassa. That's the shallowest spot I've found in the main channel. I should have hit the trim tabs to raise the stern. No damage!
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,366 Captain
    dscn0922xg.jpg

Nice boat for fishing inside and near shore!
    Thanks, Doc! The Lund made it to 35' on the right days, hope this will make 50' choosing the right weather.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,474 Officer
    you are gonna love it. I run a 22 pathfinder and I love mine.
    Trim tabs down, Motor trimmed up to a roostertail and 4500 rpm will really run shallow.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,121 AG
    Oops, doc beat me too it.
    Nice looking ride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,675 Moderator
    Sweet ride.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,672 Captain
    I swung by today and yesterday to see if you were home. Boat was gone both times so I guess you were out fishing?

Ran the Little River yesterday at absolute dead tide with my jon boat...it was ugly...didn't hit though.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • ghostrider8ghostrider8 Posts: 154 Deckhand
    THINKICAN wrote: »
    Thanks, Doc! The Lund made it to 35' on the right days, hope this will make 50' choosing the right weather.

Nice boat! I've got a 20' Ranger bay boat and have made it to 50'+ from YT so you should have no problem with the right weather.
  • troutman57troutman57 Posts: 3,691 Captain
    Nice ride Dave!
    This place Rocks if yer a crabber
  • angler18angler18 Posts: 2,037 Captain
    love the boat! I will be eying on up in the next few years or so. I always check out your neighbors when I go up river.
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Nice sled TC be careful, you know whats out there evilgrin0010.gif
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,770 Captain
    Great rig for around here...
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,770 Captain
    My wife kept telling me to get the boat I want or the kids will after I'm gone.

Great advice !! My parents were always careful not to spend money. Finally convinced them to go and enjoy life, that I didn't want nor did I have the right to their hard earned savings. They traveled near and far. Pop died this past March at 89 YO. Mom turned 88 on Sunday. She still says the best thing they ever did was to enjoy life when they could... Good for you. Have fun.
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    Great looking boat, now all you need is some blood on it....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Doc StressorDoc Stressor Homosassa, FLPosts: 2,366 Captain
    I saw your new boat while running down the river today. Sure is pretty. But it has less freeboard than your old tin can.

If you want to run to 50 ft, better to ride with me or somebody else with a bigger boat.
    I saw your new boat while running down the river today. Sure is pretty. But it has less freeboard than your old tin can.

If you want to run to 50 ft, better to ride with me or somebody else with a bigger boat.

You're right about the freeboard, Doc, but I THINK the extra two feet of length will give a better ride in a moderate chop. Will have to wait and see. I already know it will run pretty shallow. If that's ("better ride with me" an invitation, just name the day!
  • Sub SailorSub Sailor Posts: 73 Deckhand
    T.I.C.

Sweet looking boat.. I had Pathfinder high on my list when I was hunting for a boat, but there aren't a lot of them up this way. I ended up with a Scout and believe I'll be well served with it. It looks like you are in Pathfinder heaven, that's another one on a lift at the extreme right-hand-edge of the picture, isn't it?

Roger
    Sub Sailor wrote: »
    T.I.C.

Sweet looking boat.. I had Pathfinder high on my list when I was hunting for a boat, but there aren't a lot of them up this way. I ended up with a Scout and believe I'll be well served with it. It looks like you are in Pathfinder heaven, that's another one on a lift at the extreme right-hand-edge of the picture, isn't it?

Roger

Yep, that's a 24 footer on the lift. Has a 250 Yamaha for power. Spends most of its time on the lift as the owners are part-timers here.
    Yep, that's a 24 footer on the lift. Has a 250 Yamaha for power.

Beautiful boat, but I'd hate to have to 'feed' it!

Roger
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,773 Captain
    Good luck w/ her! I think she's a keeper!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
    Sub Sailor wrote: »
    Beautiful boat, but I'd hate to have to 'feed' it!

Roger

AMEN TO THAT! Mine has a 150 Yamaha that is SUPPOSED to get 5 mpg to the gallon at 3500 to 3900 rpm. Will have to see!
    AMEN TO THAT! Mine has a 150 Yamaha that is SUPPOSED to get 5 mpg to the gallon at 3500 to 3900 rpm. Will have to see!

T.I.C. - Right! You've probably looked at this, but here's Yamaha's performance specs for your boat and motor: http://www.yamahaoutboards.com/sites/default/files/bulletins/bulletin_4stroke_hpv6_rel_pat-2000-f150tlr.pdf

It does indicate 5.17 MPG at 3,500 RPM, but it also shows that rig will 'fly' when you open the throttle up!

Enjoy!!!

Roger