Need help locating a Christmas tree farm??

I was wanting to go cut my own Christmas tree this year, looking for a tall skinny one that wound fit nicely in my family room which has a vaulted ceiling. Anyone know of a place near the Ocala area or surrounding area that I could get this project under way??

Replies

• Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Ponce, there's one just off hwy 27 between Newberry and High Springs if that will help.
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Thanks Rodney
  • APEAPE Posts: 973 Officer
    Fishin Rod wrote: »
    Ponce, there's one just off hwy 27 between Newberry and High Springs if that will help.

That tree farm is closed, but there is one called Nelson's U-Cut West of Newberry I think it is in the phone book.
    Thanks guys , anymore help would be appreciated.
  • Tails UpTails Up Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    There is one in Anthony called Kandy Kane tree farm.
  • CatfishCatfish Posts: 527 Officer
    Steph said there is one in Gville on 39th. I think its unicorn hill farm. I believe its close to sfcc.
  • Justins DadJustins Dad Posts: 3,247 Officer
    There's also one in Eustis, but can't remember the name. It's a neat place with lots of kiddy stuff like zip lines, petting farm, etc. Went there last year.
    Thanks guys, maybe I can make one of those work
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,535 Captain
    Are you still in Marion County? If so there is a farm right off sunset harbor road west of harbor view elementary school. Go past the school about a half mile and take a right. The farm is about a mile down that street. I dont know the name of it but I went by it today because csx has sunset harbor rd blocked off.
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 913 Officer
    I see you got lots of suggestion already. There is a coupon on the website for this farm in anthony just a couple miles north of Ocala. I used to live around the corner from it. They have gotten really popular, its neet to go out with the family and they will let you cut your own tree. http://www.kandykanechristmas.com/
    Thanks WF and yeah Im still in Marion Mario, thanks, did not know about that one. Just thought it might be nice to cut my own this year. Then I got to go fishin--haha
  • Landlocked_Landlocked_ Posts: 590 Officer
    Also Kev they're allowing trees to be cut from designated areas in the Ocala National Forest this year with a permit. My recollection is only $7 for the permit
  • 23fabe2323fabe23 Posts: 38 Deckhand
    just go all Clark Griswold and hike out into the forest in the freezing cold with 3 feet of snow and cut down the biggest one you can find!!!!