Home Southwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Offshore Venice

chicochico Punta Gorda and PennsylvaniaPosts: 553 Officer
Got a call from my buddy who got offshore with Capt. Joe Miller earlier this week. With the snotty seas they did not get out into the deeper water, they stopped about 40 miles offshore and found plenty of nice red grouper, enough for a 6 man limit as well as two dozen mangrove, lane, and vermillion snapper. They also managed to land 6 decent AJs. If you are at all prone to sea sickness, be sure to take some meds. One fisherman on that trip forgot his, I doubt he will ever forget it again. The ride back was a bumpy one to say the least. Sorry, I did not get any pictures with the report. I am glad Capt. Joe is hammering them, I plan on getting out of this cold water fishing, and into some balmy florida waters soon!!

Replies

• tilemantileman Posts: 1,123 Officer
    thanks for the report, I cant wait to make a run out 30-40 mls out for some A.J's and bigger reds. What was the perfered bait if any?
    Here's ta swimn' with bowllegged women!
  • chicochico Punta Gorda and PennsylvaniaPosts: 553 Officer
    Joe Always stops for live bait on the way out, AJ candy, the snapper were mostly caught on sardines (frozen) the red grouper were caught on both the dead baits and the live baits, they did catch and release a gag that everyone swore was well over 25#, one of only three gags caught and released.