Baitwell/Livewell Aerators in Action Crafts, What worked-What didn't

Been using artificial baits mostly due to habit. Everyone I have spoken to says to keep bait alive especially in the summer, "get air in there". Soooo. If you've done it, what method did you do? Throw in a portable with alligator clamps to battery, hard wired with thru hull fittings or hard wired with wall nozzle.

Replies

• edczachor36edczachor36 Posts: 219 Officer
    Been using artificial baits mostly due to habit. Everyone I have spoken to says to keep bait alive especially in the summer, "get air in there". Soooo. If you've done it, what method did you do? Throw in a portable with alligator clamps to battery, hard wired with thru hull fittings or hard wired with wall nozzle.

Wow, nobody has anything on this subject? I think I am going to put the kit that goes in-line with baitwell pump.
  • FlatoutventuresFlatoutventures Posts: 224 Officer
    Wow, nobody has anything on this subject? I think I am going to put the kit that goes in-line with baitwell pump.

Which model AC do you own? I have put in recirculating pumps with T&M Marine air infusing fittings in each of my wells. This is in addition to a separate raw water pump on each well.
  • edczachor36edczachor36 Posts: 219 Officer
    Which model AC do you own? I have put in recirculating pumps with T&M Marine air infusing fittings in each of my wells. This is in addition to a separate raw water pump on each well.

I have a 2009 Flatsmaster 1890SE. It has two 1100 Rule livewell pumps for the center aft well and the small starboard well up front. I saw the "Keep Alive" aerators online and thought that might be the quickest and most cost effective to install. The water temps were so high this summer in the keys that I was told I would lose most of my live bait before I had a chance to use them. I also figured I could rig the pumps up on the step they are attached to to give me more room for my hand to get my bilge plug in. I keep my boat on a lift and take the plug out so not to overwork the pump.

Do you have a web link for T&M?
  • dwyermwdwyermw Posts: 336 Deckhand
    I have a 2001 1890 flatsmaster that has automatic cycling to the live wells. About every 5 minutes or so, the pump comes on. I never have a problem keeping bait alive albeit with mullet, I do not keep too many in my front live well or they will die. Pogies kept in the rear livewell stay alive with a timed circulated system.
    2009 Skeeter ZX2250 current
    2007 Sea Hunt 220 Triton (sold)
    Skeeter ZX24V, 300 HP Yamaha (sold)
    1890 SE Action Craft, 175 HP Evinrude Ficht (sold)
    Hewes Tailfisher (sold)
    Toyota Tundra 5.7 SR5