Home Angler On Foot

Windy Morning... Hot Bite! 11/17/12

Joupdog1Joupdog1 Posts: 1,416 Officer
Got a little bit of a late start this morning, but we were still on location by about 7:30. Supposed to be low tide, but it was still pretty high. :huh Had to go to Plan B and fish a shallower flat. Both Chris and I had MirrOdines on and we fished nearly the whole flat with not a single bite. I launched a long cast down the side of a dock and fish on! Jumps out of the water and it's a decent snook to get things started! Really beat up fish, but healthy. So after that, we decided that we would fish docks the rest of the morning. Water was dirty and it was very windy coming straight out of the east(we were on the west side). After a few docks of only small bites, I remembered a dock that the snook were stacked up on one day this summer. It was about a 10 minute walk on the shore to it, but once we got there it was well worth it! Second cast on the dock, I'm slammed! Fish cooperated for me and swam away from the dock. After some pics, I make the exact same cast and same result. Hooked up, but this time I had to fight the fish through the dock. Turned out to be big fish of the day, just under slot. Chris didn't get any solid hookups, but it's hard to feel bad for him when he always gets all the big trout. Good amount of snook, all between 23 and 28 inches. Great way to spend the morning.

Replies