Skip to main content
Home Sportsman's Kitchen

Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers

Well most of you saw the pulled chuck roast I did a this last week.

I wanted to do some stuffed peppers with some of this meat. As we were coming back thru Georgia from our trip to North Carolina, I spotted these Cubanelle peppers at a local veggie stand.

Opened them up with a knife and scrapped out some of the webbing and most of the seeds. The gal said these were not hot peppers, so my wife added some of our chopped banana peppers, onions and a small of rotel chili sauce to a small box of red beans and rice.

After warming it up we scooped the mixture along with some added chuckie into the peppers.

Added three strips of bacon around each pepper and sprinkle them with some Redneck Seasonings

Thru them in the smoker at 250º and figured around 1 3/4 to 2 hours of time. Used Cherry and Peach Wood for the smoke.

Cher tossed some Havarti cheese on them and microwaved to melt it a bit.

OUTSTANDING. If I can find these peppers around here, no more Pablanos for me. They were excellent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Replies

• tk's joytk's joy Posts: 2,490 Officer
    Flash,

Just order some seed from "Totally Tomatoes" and you'll have more than you'll ever need. Seriously, about 4 or 5 plants, and you're set. You can make them up, freeze them and on those lazy winter evenings, heat the oven to 375, put them into pyrex or corning ware for 45 min. to an hour, and you've got a lazy man's dinner.

http://www.totallytomato.com/dp.asp?pID=03139&c=35&p=Cubanelle+Pepper

tk
  • Looks really good!
  • bitshortbitshort Posts: 243 Deckhand
    Flash, They sell those peppers at almost every Winn-Dixie around
  • FlashFlash Posts: 12,264 AG
    bitshort wrote: »

I checked Wal-mart and Sav-a-lot but not WD. Thanks will give them a look see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • Liquid TheropyLiquid Theropy Posts: 608 Officer
    WOW!!! That looks good. Great use of extra pulled pork. By the way breakfast pulled pork omlets are awesome too!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]AKA Flatheadcat
    WOW!!! That looks good. Great use of extra pulled pork. By the way breakfast pulled pork omlets are awesome too!!

Pretty much any of the pulled meats would work. Wife wants to try some chicken in the next ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• SwamplizardSwamplizard Posts: 68 Deckhand

Love me some pulled pork omelets with bacon onions and jalapenos
    bitshort wrote: »

Stopped by WD today. They had a few, but most were not thick enough for stuffing. Asked the clerk there, young kid, what they were because I didn't see a price and he went to the manager and came back with "Long Hot Peppers" :grin
    $3.99 a lb. Seemed like a bit much, but I am sure they do not weigh much either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]