New inshore revo

Has anyone used the new revo yet and if so how do you like it?

Replies

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,294 Moderator
    By "new revo" do you mean the Revo11?
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,104 Officer
    The revo 11 is not as fast and lacks the foot room (width) of the revo 13 but its short, light and compact and it is a huge hit for Hobie. It has killed the sales of the Sport. It has plenty of legroom for even tall guys and floats a 200 pounder bone dry.
    ^ agree.
    I upgraded from the Sport to the Revo11 because quite frankly I was overweight, and a 210# guy in a tub rated for 225# is a bit ridiculous. I was sitting quite low in the water with the sport. The revo is faster and more offshore-worthy. That said, I found the Sport to be more stable, and some days I do miss it. But then I consider how much faster the Revo is and the utility of having a front hatch and a shape that cuts through the waves and I am reminded of why I upgraded.
  • SuperFlukeSuperFluke Posts: 1,889 Captain
    I assumed this guy was asking about the new version of the Abu Revo Inhore baitcaster.
    thats why I asked him to clarify, but we went off on a tangent there...
  • mathesonhammockmathesonhammock Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Adventure Sports Miami is hosting a Hobie Kayak Free Demo day this Saturday at the Rickenbacker Causeway on Key Biscayne, the Revo will be available in all different sizes. Stop by if you would like to try one out- its from 10 am to 1 pm. You can call the ASM shop for more info 305-591-3559
  • kikstand454kikstand454 Posts: 38 Deckhand
    If you're asking about the abu garcia revo......then yes. I have used it a bit.
    Friend of mine got one, and it felt pretty nice. Brakes worked well, line pick up was smooth. Hey~ its a revo. It perfromed as such. I liked it, but don't need one right now. He seems happy with it. *shrug*
    Hope that helps.

~Dave

Creatures of Habit, Tallahassee Florida