Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

BOAT Parking restriction ordinance in Titusville- PLEASE READ AND COMMENT

The City of Titusville is considering a CODE Ordinance for ALL Boat Trailers, Cargo Trailers, Sea-Doos and RV's on Private Property to be parked on a "City inspected and Approved (for a fee) reinforced concrete slab capable of supporting a Big Rig " . You CANNOT park on grass anymore-anywhere regardless of acreage, back yard, behind fence. Also, you may not park in front driveway. You *will* be required to have a concrete/rebar enforced slab- EVEN FOR A BOAT LIKE THE GHEENOE that weighs 150 pounds!! Anything over 14ft MUST be on an Approved PAD.

On May 22, we successfully had the decision on the ordinance delayed for 6 months. The council asked Code Enforcement for a 6 months intensive CODE enforcement effort on Junk RV’s trailers, High Grass violations and other existing code violations to see if complaints were minimized.

Link to Council Meeting Discussion on Ordinance 18-2012 begins at Time index 1:00:50

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/22783386

The architect/ complainant, Ms. Liz Lachovich of Shangri-La Subdivision in Titusville, Time Index 1:40:50, can be heard bragging about her efforts. :stinkfish

This ordinance will also address parking on grass in overflow ramp situations.

If you live in Titusville or utilize the ramps on the Indian River 405 Causeway or other Titusville ramps, you need to GET involved!!

I will be watching the council agenda and will post the next reoccurrence of this ordinance. In the meantime, please POST here your thoughts (keep it civil please!) so I can have an aggregate of responses to refer to when I again confront this vote in the council meeting.

Replies

• HejzabayboatworksHejzabayboatworks Posts: 114 Officer
    Does this lady have nothing better to do with her miserable life then to make everyone else's harder? Who has the money to just pee away like that? The city is already in major pain with thousands of unemployed and now there trying to put more burdens on the average person. That's bull.
  • GRIZZLGRIZZL Posts: 822 Officer
    Does this lady have nothing better to do with her miserable life then to make everyone else's harder? Who has the money to just pee away like that? The city is already in major pain with thousands of unemployed and now there trying to put more burdens on the average person. That's bull.

My thoughts exactly! PLEASE all 158 Readers of this thread..tell your friends-email and get involved. If we are SILENT..this WILL PASS next time around. These SLABS are NOT CHEAP Cost = $1500 for a 20X10. Most will need 2 and then the CITY charges 1/3 the construction price for CITY inspection...easily $3000 out of pocket or start paying a daily fine...

What you have is *some on the council* having a perception that ALL of Titusville needs to LOOK like Melborne or thier gated community. In order to do that you have to get rid of the "rednecks".

Listen to the link to the stream I posted...you can hear it in 2 council members words and tone. BTW..one of the two council members is up for election in August as is Mayor Tulley (Who I will vote for for his fair handling of this and other issues)
  • JethroJethro Posts: 409 Deckhand
    wonder how that will play out if you only have a shell driveway?
  • Knotty DreadKnotty Dread Posts: 155 Deckhand
    What about all the additional stormwater runoff created by these new concrete slabs? Could be a bullet point used in fighting this proposal. Most municipalities promote reduction in stormwater runoff for environmental reasons, like water quality degradation from contaminated stormwater runoff. Just a thought...

• jakedgejakedge Posts: 1,303 Officer
    It sounds like the city intends to be completely vacant. It's half vacant now. An enlightened city government would be striving to entice new people into the city instead of driving existing residents out. Amazing.
    Jethro wrote: »
    wonder how that will play out if you only have a shell driveway?
    I emailed the Mayor that exact question and according to CODE, all automobiles IN TITUSVILLE must be on a reinforced surface. That was his conundrum, why are RV's different than cars but the code has a special section on RV's (that they want to change)
    jakedge wrote: »
    It sounds like the city intends to be completely vacant. It's half vacant now. An enlightened city government would be striving to entice new people into the city instead of driving existing residents out. Amazing.

If you listen to the link..it's clear the council wants to "upgrade" the quality of people in Titusville. They are calling it CURB APPEAL where people drive thru and want to buy a house without looking at all the redneck boats in the yards...

These council members are living in gated communities with HomeOwners Associations that THEY control. It STICKS in their craws that they can't impose their will on the entire city...so they run for office and pass CODES...AND ITS WORKING BECAUSE ITS NOT BEING EXPOSED...
  • EASTINFECTIONEASTINFECTION Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    The only curb appeal these fools can have is if they drop off trackhoe on every corner and start the demo on every structure around there. Just cause they got a brand new state of the art road, and landscaping down town they have the fever to start upgrading theyre old florida net banned fishing town town. They need to focus on theyre own waste of tax dollars within themselves. This is called too many chiefs and not enough indians, they need to clean house and get rid rid of the"deadwood" inside of the palace. To many people with to much time on theyre hands thinking of stupid **** to come up with to penalize the poeple trying to live in this community. Did they get the memo about all the layoffs at KSC, How bout the memo on the unemployment rate , or the forclosure crisis and everyone walking away from the mortages . Now they want you to spend money on a concrete pad for a jon boat? Half of them probably live in Viera in a homeowners association that are coming up with this B.S. . Whats next, mandatory homeowners association for Mims? Cmon people get real get back to the basics
  • PP1PP1 Posts: 332 Deckhand
    We dealt with this before in other areas. You need to make some noise or this will get passed by the folks that are pushing it. If there is no resistance it will seem the "will of the people" is for this silly nonsense to the ones making the vote. Show up at the meetings or at the very least send some correspondence to the right people letting them know your thoughts (keep in mind ranting really won't do anything......try to sound sane and coherent, and keep it civil)

Unless I am mistaken you can contact the City Council through links at the following site (I will change it if this is the wrong one, please let me know):

http://www.titusville.com/Sectionindex.asp?SectionID=5

Note I do not presently live in Titusville and do not believe this will impact me in any way (unless we decide to move back there sometime), but I will let them know my position on how it would impact my decision to ever move there in the future.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    The next Vote is in October. I have it on my calendar. Problem is they Notify on the Agenda on a Friday and VOTE on Tueday!!! I will keep bumping this to the top and I will post when the vote is to occur. PLEASE SHOW UP and or do as PP1 says..email the council. BE POLITE..Also Long and Johnson seem to be PRO!! and LONG is up for election in August as is Robin Fisher in the Brevard County District 1 elections. This was all started by an employee of Fisher's. the www.titusville.com link is good...then select COUNCIL.

Watch this thread and I'll post what I can find out.
  • PoppopPoppop Posts: 181 Deckhand
    The only way this will affect me is in the overflow parking situation, which I will try to avoid, but I stand behind you all the way. I bought my home in Deltona to avoid that type of situation.

Poppop
    To the Top. Copy this flier and distribute to your bait shops and boat ramps. I have already covered the 405 Indian River 3 bait shots in Titusville. I will keep this at the top when updates. August and October are KEY DATES. Robin Fisher, The Mayor and 2 Committee members are up for RE-ELECTION in AUGUST. The Vote will happen in October.

Watch the live stream to decide your vote. Personally The Mayor AND RITA have EARNED MY VOTE.:hail Rita is not up for election...the others..you can decide by listening to the live streaming...gotta watch out for retaliation so I ONLY give my Positive recommendations! :angel
    To the Top.
    Elections are in August. Please remember to VOTE
    Thread revival from a couple of months ago.

Were the elections actually in August? How did it turn out?

What about that other thread you had on the County Commission?
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    PP1 wrote: »
    Thread revival from a couple of months ago.

Were the elections actually in August? How did it turn out?

What about that other thread you had on the County Commission?

MAYOR Tulley Won re-election which was GOOD! The County Commisioners elections are this November with the Presidential election ballot. The County Commisioner is Robin Fisher running for re-election. SPORTSMAN PLEASE VOTE AGAINST. There is City Councilwoman Martha Long that can be heard on the telecast SUPPORTING the regulations. She too should be VOTED OUT.

PLEASE VOTE!!!!!!
  • WayoflifeWayoflife Posts: 25 Greenhorn
    Email [email protected]

Here you go gentleman...spread the word and make her know we won't go down without a fight.
  • dble-downdble-down Posts: 518 Officer
    Obama supporter. More Government.
    EARLY VOTING BEGINS SATURDAY!! 12 Days to PROTECT SPORTSMANS and ALL PROPERTY OWNERS RIGHTS IN BREVARD!! VOTE FOR WARE As councilman. VOTE AGAINST FISHER and LONG!!!!

If they stay in power, you WILL see BIG CHANGES in CODE ENFORECEMENT ACTIVITIES REGULATING YOUR PRIVATE PROPERTY RIGHTS!
    LAST to the TOP!
    We voted Monday!!! Please vote!!
    Sportsman need to send a message in Brevard that our way of like is important to us!
    GRIZZL wrote: »
    LAST to the TOP!....

No it's not!

I won't do it again either.:willynilly
  • Steve WSteve W Posts: 613 Officer

Well said!
  • HejzabayboatworksHejzabayboatworks Posts: 114 Officer
    Is Lizlachovich running for a county seat and trying to push this on the whole county? If so I'll be writing some emails and making many voices heard
    Is Lizlachovich running for a county seat and trying to push this on the whole county? If so I'll be writing some emails and making many voices heard

She and another staffer work for Robin Fisher (District 1 county commissioner). They've beed pushing this for over a year. I've been to 3 council meetings thus far on the issue. So far...with the help of Mayer Tulley (who was just re-elected) CODE ENFORECEMENT has been stalled with IMPACT Studies...

IF FISHER IS RE_ELECTED..I expect MANY BAD THINGS for Brevard Sportsman (Including the possibility of GHEENOE going under because the CODE change would make GHEEENOE boats and Trailers too expensive for regular Joes who don't have the cash to build these pads and/or privately store the boats.

And this involves Boats/ motocycles/ RV's and the small working trailers of the small lawn business types.

BAD...BAD..BAD...

All because these SNOBS don't appreciate outdoor recreation