Fishing of Friday and Sat 7/29-7/30 Haulover

Went out of Haulover, tolled for about 5-6 hours each day.

Had a spread of naked hoo, skirted hoo and mann25 (diving pulg).

Cought one bonito and two baracuda.

Not very productive.

What are peoples favorit spread?

Should I invest in a down rigger?

Replies

• king fisherking fisher Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    What depth were you trolling in? just curious

Also, yeah you should put one bait deep..you can just buy a planer to start, they're only $10-$15 if I remember right..I used #2 planer with a naked ballyhoo and caught a nice wahoo a couple weeks agao out of haulover..lol

Not sure about the deep plugs you were using never tried them...also on the skirted ballyhoo you can put a sinker in the skirt and that will keep the ballyhoo a little below the surface which worked for me the other day w/a couple dolphin..
  • bababouybababouy Posts: 558 Officer
    i always have some luck on a planer. I run a number two most of the time. the bigger ones that tie off to a cleat are even better at getting a bait down deep.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Night Hawk Monitoring
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    what's your target?
    How far off were you?
    if you caught bonitas (200'-400') you need to go deeper if you're looking for fins.
    don't blind troll, you'll loose your mind. find a slick, weedline or something floating.
  • getightgetight Posts: 43 Deckhand
    :Agree:Agree:Agree
    EPDLJShirtlogo.jpg
  • Got-R-DidGot-R-Did Posts: 9 Greenhorn
    I always have 4 lines out. One nake hoo. One big flat head teaser preferably orange or green and yellow. On the other two I have hoos with flathead islanders. Preferably green and yellow and blue and white. Never had bad luck with those being pulled.
  • GamekillaGamekilla Posts: 461 Officer
    Thanks guys, I went out to about 600 feet. The bonita was caught in 200-400. I am going to get a planer and run a naked hoo on it from now on. So my spread will consist of naked hoo on a planer, skirted who with a small weight, and a chugger or billy bait.

I only have room for three lines but I have done well with that in the past.

Im heading to big pine for a couple weeks so I hope that combo is deadly down there.

Thanks for the help.
  • reelgrimmreelgrimm MiamiPosts: 458 Deckhand
    run and gun, then use live bait.
    My Youtube Channel
    Boat: 2015 25' Competition Single 300 Yamaha
    Latest Fishing Report - Snook on the Beach

• ThumpThump Posts: 189 Deckhand
    Barracudas = Go deeper

When the weather gets hot, look for the planar to be the go to bait. Also, longer runs are sometimes required with the heat as well.
  • isla21isla21 Posts: 2,115 Officer
    Look for a tempeture break. We found a nice when 8 miles off. the water went from 88.7 to 87.3 and the phins were all around
  • WahoodlumWahoodlum Posts: 71 Deckhand
    I bet Cop-out can show you how to make room for 4 lines.
  • copout@castaways[email protected] Posts: 5,779 Admiral
    Wahoodlum wrote: »
    I bet Cop-out can show you how to make room for 4 lines.

4? that's w/o my riggers, I can get 7 with riggers. That's fun solo!