Home General Hunting

East Orlando deer hunting

QFNSBQFNSB Posts: 7 Greenhorn
Just moved over to east side of orlando (bithlo area) was wondering if anyone new of private as well as public land in the area. Does anyone also know any information about Tosahatchee WMA ( do you need quota permit ect) for archery

Any info would greatly be appreciated

MH

Replies

• flydownflydown Posts: 6,464 Admiral
    Welcome to the forum!

You are in a great area very close to some good hunting. Tosohatchee is a quota hunt, but well worth applying for. Unfortunately you are a little late to apply as the quota's have already been awarded. Another one worth trying is Charles Bronson. I used to hunt it before it became a WMA and it has lots of game on it.

Bull Creek and Three lakes are a couple of staple WMA's that consistently produce as well.

Check out www.myfwc.com and learn which WMA's you can walk on to so you can hunt this year.

Again, welcome and good luck!
    DYING for me was the most HE could do. LIVING for HIM is the least I can do
  • QFNSBQFNSB Posts: 7 Greenhorn
  • james 14james 14 Posts: 3,084 Moderator
    How far are you willing to drive?
  • Gone_FishingGone_Fishing Posts: 1,184 Officer
    Toso, Charles Bronson, Salt Lake, Seminole Forest/Ranch all require quotas, so you are pretty much out of luck for this season. You can hunt Bull Creek and 3 Lakes without quotas for most of archery and gun season. You need quotas for blackpowder at both places, unless there are still permits left.