Home Angler On Foot

Saturday Surf Fishing NSB

speckseekerspeckseeker Posts: 5 Greenhorn
Went surf fishing New Smyna Beach Saturday morning. Fished close to jetty. Water was dirty and the only catches made was catfish after catfish. Fished till 11am and then decided to head north. Never been to Flagler beach but we gave it a shot. We have never seen an orange beach in Florida. The beaches were awesome. We fished all afternoon and only caught 1 small whiting. Still trying to figure out this surf fishing thing.

Replies

• ComandanteComandante Posts: 289 Deckhand
    There is another Forum at surffishingflorida.com that you can visit for info. They are mostly anglers from the NE Florida region and will share info that you.
  • crankshaftcrankshaft Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Went surf fishing New Smyna Beach Saturday morning. Fished close to jetty. Water was dirty and the only catches made was catfish after catfish. Fished till 11am and then decided to head north. Never been to Flagler beach but we gave it a shot. We have never seen an orange beach in Florida. The beaches were awesome. We fished all afternoon and only caught 1 small whiting. Still trying to figure out this surf fishing thing.

I feel you pain. I was across the inlet at the Lighthouse park. We fished the lagoon. There were birds diving all around, I saw bait fish in the water, some were running from bigger fish, even a pair of dolphin herding at the outer edge. But all we got were nibbles, presumable from pin fish.

I started around 8am. When I arrived I saw a guy with a pole and a bucket coming back from the jetty. He'd been there a while and only caught one blue.

Other people with poles I asked said they were skunked like me. Guess they just weren't biting there yesterday.:banghead
  • speckseekerspeckseeker Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Thanks Comandante. I appreciate the info. Checked out the site and it has some good info.