deep clearwater lake

theres a spring fed lake by my house thats about 50 feet deep in the middle and the bank slope drops off very rapidly.almost every inch of the botton is covered in grass,ive yet to figure out the riddle of the lake any help please?
You can catch me in north bay.

Replies

• brettfitzbrettfitz Posts: 438 Deckhand
    Give us a little more? I'm guessing by "figure out," you are seeing bass but not catching them? Or something else?
    "A 'real' fisherman is one who thinks like I do. There are more of us around than you might suspect."
    -John Gierach
  • fsumichaelfsumichael Posts: 79 Deckhand
    try live bream on a 1/2 on sinker straight down in the middle of the lake..also try a beetle spin, one of the bigger ones. my aunt had a house on a lake just like this in panama city, and we would catch bass all day on the beetle spins and the bigger ones coming off the bream. also try a white deep diving crank bait
  • DippinGrizzlyDippinGrizzly Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    thanks yall and to describe the lake more,its literally covered in weeds from bottom to shoreline.thick tall grass.ive seen many large bass but have yet to land one over two pounds.next time i go il have to try that.
  • bigzee20bigzee20 Posts: 72 Deckhand
    Yeah man try deep diving lures or soft plastics like a texas rigged worm :Rockon Good luck and TIGHT LINES!!!
  • brettfitzbrettfitz Posts: 438 Deckhand
    Aaah.
    Have you tried topwaters right at first light? Traditional popping type lures is what I'm thinking. Or heck, if it isn't fished a lot, and the grass doesn't reach the top in the deeper waters, throw a darker colored zara spook and walk that sucker at sunset.

Whatever you are doing to catch the two pounders will probably work on the lunkers too, you just have to keep at it.

Shoot some pics of the lake and the fish you have bagged so far. Sounds like a great place to be...
    "A 'real' fisherman is one who thinks like I do. There are more of us around than you might suspect."
    -John Gierach
  • CajunRichCajunRich Posts: 262 Officer
    Drop shot rig. http://www.bassfishingusa.com/Rigging/drop_shot_rig.html Where is the lake? Let us fish it so we can tell you whats up! LOL
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,259 Officer
    try some live shiners, best bait for large bass:applause
  • DippinGrizzlyDippinGrizzly Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    ive tried dropshotting but the weight always catches weeds,ive yet to try the topwaters but i need to.its a good lake cause its surrounded by old peoples houses and they dont even fish it.ive thought about using zoom flukes but its about 20 feet deep off the shore
  • wilburzwilburz Posts: 935 Officer
    put a good sized bullet wieght in front of your fluke. that is how I fish my flukes. They stay down 3 or more feet from the surface, depending on how fast you crank.

Happiness is a belt fed weapon!