Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

anyone down for a wading or snook trip?

im heading over toward sarasota/ bradenton on thanksgiving to visit my uncle but want to do some fishing over there. I fish the east coast for snook trout reds and tarpon. im 17 and drive so can probably meet you wherever may even pull pops along . Id like to hit some snook action on light tackle ill be bringing my own lures and rod or two . if anyone can help me out let me know

Tight lines

Replies

• DragScreamerDragScreamer Posts: 1,475 Officer
    im 17 too and i'd love to wade fish with you but i'm at new port richey :p
    Let's go fishing!
  • SnookmeisterSnookmeister Posts: 1,035 Officer
    Hmmm, you looking to fish Bradenton area? I know a few spots down there, however only a few that I would recommend for thanksgiving. The problem with the snook is that it all depends on the fronts. If you happen to be here on a warm week before a front, it can be lights out. However of you get here and a NW wind blows in and it's 50 degrees not so much. I live in Riverview area. I know some good spots for snook. However, I just started fishing the east Bay Area the past 7-8 months. I am not exactly sure how and when the spots will go off. I may be able to help you find some spots though.

There is a guy on here named formerbluefishinny i think. He is a good person to talk to for Bradenton wade fishing.
    Catch 'em and Release 'em!
    http://tampaurbanangler.blogspot.com/
  • flatskillaflatskilla Posts: 67 Greenhorn
    thanks ill let you know or send yall a message a few days before my departure... Im down for reds or anything as long as it dont involve me fishin off a dock or pier lol